• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing buddys monster indiana buck

42769vette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
liberty indiana
buck scored 191 and some change

the typical 8 point frame scored 168ish

the SMALLEST base was 6 1/4

Unnamed.jpg

Re: buddys monster indiana buck

it was raining out so he decided to stalk itstid of stand hunt. he has folowing a nice 8point when he lost it. he figured itwent to a bean field. when he got to the beans he caught a glimps of a buck. the buck steped out and he shoot it in the neck at 150ish with a 12 ga and hornady sst. he originaly thought he had killed the smaller 8 point and called his wife all calm before seeing the deer. he called me 5 min later from the deer and he wasn'et calm anymore

So does everyone in Indiana wear goofy "Indiana Jones" hats?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does everyone in Indiana wear goofy "Indiana Jones" hats?
grin.gif
</div></div>

karl wheres that hat everywhere and looks like a jackass. but if it will get me a deer like that ill go buy one.

Very nice deer..Hmm note to self buy indiana jones hat for next years hunt...LOL

Holy crap that's a nice buck. Put me down for one of those hats also!
wink.gif

Lets start a Group Buy on the hats if it will bring in a monster like that...AWESOME Stud of a buck...Great job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does everyone in Indiana wear goofy "Indiana Jones" hats?
grin.gif
</div></div> Thats not a hat... Thats a lid!

It is a nice deer. Bluntly the #s you state are bull shit. IF the typical rack is 168, which it is not, where are the 23" of extra points? I do not wish to take away from the deer or the hunter, but get sick of the BS. I have hunters come to hunt with me who want a 180" deer and say they have passed "a lot of 160's" and about fall over when you show them a 145 on the hoof.
The deer has a total gross of well under 170 and a net typical score of less than 148. It is a nice deer.

Not sure the pic does it justice there rth, but if you look its quartered so you can't see inside spread, guessing 21 or true length on tines or beams. The drop tine appears to be 7 inches plus alone and it damn sure carries mass all the way out.

Awesome buck.

I do not want to belittle the buck, but when the OP is spreading BS like this, facts are still facts.
I am an official B&C scorer, and own and manage thousands of acres in Kansas for trophy deer. I have shot and guided to 112 deer of 145 to 248 Gross B&C. Many of them would make the all time book and quite a few were over 200". I say this to qualify my positon. It is possiable you do much better in SC but I doubt it.
That deer will not score over 174 gross NT and net less than 150 NT. Quite a bit less I would guess. It is a nice deer, but facts are facts and BS is still BS.
#s
Main beems are less than 23
mass is less than 18 per side
Brows are less than 6"
g2's are well under 12
G3's are well under 12
Sperad (inside) is less than 19
NT points are total less than 11
Every one of these figures are larger than the deer actually has and I will bet money on it. Add them up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not want to belittle the buck, but when the OP is spreading BS like this, facts are still facts.
I am an official B&C scorer, and own and manage thousands of acres in Kansas for trophy deer. I have shot and guided to 112 deer of 145 to 248 Gross B&C. Many of them would make the all time book and quite a few were over 200". I say this to qualify my positon. It is possiable you do much better in SC but I doubt it.
That deer will not score over 174 gross NT and net less than 150 NT. Quite a bit less I would guess. It is a nice deer, but facts are facts and BS is still BS.
#s
Main beems are less than 23
mass is less than 18 per side
Brows are less than 6"
g2's are well under 12
G3's are well under 12
Sperad (inside) is less than 19
NT points are total less than 11
Every one of these figures are larger than the deer actually has and I will bet money on it. Add them up. </div></div>

seriously, who fucking cares, it is a nice buck, quit shitting on his thread

Nice Buck, thats a pure monster right there. Im sure Ill never get an oppt. to get one that large in my scope. again, Congrats to your friend!

Sir,
I do. I do not like to see this crap posted as fact, when it is fiction. If you have no respect for truth, it is your loss. If I posted a 9" group shot at 1000 yards and stated it was 2.5" it would be called bullshit, and rightly so. If you want to believe bullshit, OK but it is still bullshit. The OP shit his own thread when he LIED about the score.
I will put money on my facts, how about you?

I don't care about the "score" nor do I think many on here do. That is a hell of a trophy and you can call it what you like.

Again, Great buck bro.

I agree, screw the score, thats a nice buck. He's got some girth and I love the drop tine.

Look at the first statement.
It does not say Nice deer, big buck etc.
It says "buck scores 191 and some change"
BULLSHIT.
IF you like bullshit fine, eat it up. You will really shit when you see a buck that scores "191 and some change".

Nice Buck and great hat. A trophy is truly defined by the quality of companionship with your friends and family while hunting. Ive killed several impressive bucks of each subspecies. However, my greatest trophy that I mounted was a little basket 9 point whitetail which I killed with my 7 year old daughter on my lap. This was a moment which she still talks about today as a college student. Those who are obcessed with what a deer will score have lost site of what is important in life.

I getcha rth, you got a prickly pear under your nutsack about B&C scores. Let me validate something for ya, I hunt 253,000 acres of mostly unbroken public land full of rednecks,no baiting, no food plots, just swamps,copperheads,canebreak rattlesnakes, gators, three different types of ticks, mosquitos of ten shapes and buzzes, wild hogs european strain that is up to 650 lbs and so forth . Upon my proffesional Lowcountry proffesional B$S Budweiser scoring system that thar deer scores bout 500 points at least and he gets a 57-1/9 point bonus for that little nutlicker on his droptine. Now that gives this guy a whoppn lowcountry score of 557-1/9 and we ain't deductn nutn for green.

Btw whats this one score:

http://www.boone-crockett.org/images/sag_johnson.jpg

The OP posted the score. First sentence. I would say he is obsessed with score, so much so that he is driven to lie about it.
I am concerned with facts, and have an intolerence for bullshit. Suprised no one else does. It is OK with me. Just suprising.
Would you buy a box of bullets if you were told it contained 100 bullets and it had only 72? Or would you want the truth? Think about it, a lie is a lie. Nothing to do with deer, just integrity. It is valued only by those that have it.

Strick,
Entirely different subject. Not interested in starting. If you wish to think this deer scores 191 fine. It does not. For me it is not even about the deer. It was about integrity. Not much interest here in that, I guess. Suprising.

rth,
we dont doubt your knowledge on B/C standards. I think most of us look at the picture and bypass the given score. The score is irrelevant to us. What is a fact and not Bullshit at all is that is one hell of a deer. I doubt I will ever get the chance to shoot a deer like that, much less see one in the wild. In fact, i'm not sure i could shoot an animal with a rack like that. Not saying I wouldn't but Im sure a Buck like that would give me a horrible case of "buck fever".

Again, Good kill brother. Im sure the hunter will remember how amazing that morning was when he took this beast more than some ridiculous score some stranger gave it.

Awesome buck/rack. Congrats!!!!!!!!! Would have dropped the hammer in a second on that one, but have to agree, Score is not even close.

Order me one of those hats! I have seen some awesome bucks killed in Indiana this year. My buddie killed one about the same size. Kentucky is also producing some monster whitetails. I belive Kentucky is #5 in US for record whitetail buck score. Great deer and I still like the hat! Shame we don't have more open ground in Indiana for the long rangers. Shotgun,pistol, and muzzleloader only limits range to under 200 yds.As for the scoring-really don't give a rat's behind. If they are large and look good on the wall knock um down!Happy New Year to All!!

i just found out he was a finalist for deer of the year in outdoor life magizine. i guess its on page 53ish. i have not seen it yet

The buck is in Outdoor Life, pg 50 of the April edition. They got the score down as 183&4/8. Awesome buck!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hamr56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah they are some hogs in there. </div></div>

You are not kidding, nothing like a monster buck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLS-172</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The buck is in Outdoor Life, pg 50 of the April edition. They got the score down as 183&4/8. Awesome buck!! </div></div>

the score i had was rough pre drying period.

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEBODY THAT HAS SOMTHING TO SAY SOME PEOPLE JUST HATE TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE DO GOOD NICE DEER.

I had to wipe the drool off my screen before I posted a response. What a great deer. I would be estatic to have that monster hanging in my garage. Well done and congrats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OP posted the score. First sentence. I would say he is obsessed with score, so much so that he is driven to lie about it.
I am concerned with facts, and have an intolerence for bullshit. Suprised no one else does. It is OK with me. Just suprising.
Would you buy a box of bullets if you were told it contained 100 bullets and it had only 72? Or would you want the truth? Think about it, a lie is a lie. Nothing to do with deer, just integrity. It is valued only by those that have it. </div></div>

Stop trying to belittle the guy's monster buck. Go stick your head in an ant hill or something. No one cares about the score.

Dame straight I live in Nortwestr Indiana WOW what I would do to get a chance at one of those brusers

148" on this deer? BULLSHIT! I'm glad you aren't scoring my deer. My 171" 10 pt. would be a 130" deer with your system. Look at the thing, man. Besides that, who REALLY gives a crap. That is a NICE buck, ANYWHERE! And as for net scores. I believe the saying goes, "nets are for fish". All the negativity (sour grapes) over one of our own having success in the woods is our biggest enemy,as hunters/shooters, to date. We need to support, and lift up our Brothers in Arms, not tear them down and accuse them of being dishonest. I too have seen alot of misjudging on antler "scores". This one wasn't far off. One Hundred and Forty Eight inches.....man.Get real, Bubba. Just MHO.