• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Budget 1-x for hunting?

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
Looking for a lpvo in the 1-x range to throw on a light 300mag for hunting. Primary concerns are recoil durability, low light clarity, and illuminated. Trying to stay under $500.

With my first child a few months away I am trying to finish off a few rifles in the safe. I have Sporter weight 300mag I've had 25 years that just donated it's glass to my wife's hunting rifle and therefore it needs a new one.

My land will give shots on deer up to 300 yards. I pighunt a few times year with family down south and in the next 5 years or so my buddies and I were planning to make as trip to an Idaho hunting camp in their family for elk. This rifle is mostly second fiddle to my primary howa 6.5G, but I still want it set up because it will the primary if we go after elk.

I really want to toss a 1-6 or similar scope on the rifle, but sadly most are set up for ARs. I like the vortex strike eagle but hate the reticle, I have looked at the Bushnell forge 1-8, and I really like the idea of it, but worry about a China scope on a 300. The Bushnell smrs is really nice but too expensive for a rifle that gets less than 50 rounds a year.

Any thoughts?

Looking for a lpvo in the 1-x range to throw on a light 300mag for hunting. Primary concerns are recoil durability, low light clarity, and illuminated. Trying to stay under $500.

With my first child a few months away I am trying to finish off a few rifles in the safe. I have Sporter weight 300mag I've had 25 years that just donated it's glass to my wife's hunting rifle and therefore it needs a new one.

My land will give shots on deer up to 300 yards. I pighunt a few times year with family down south and in the next 5 years or so my buddies and I were planning to make as trip to an Idaho hunting camp in their family for elk. This rifle is mostly second fiddle to my primary howa 6.5G, but I still want it set up because it will the primary if we go after elk.

I really want to toss a 1-6 or similar scope on the rifle, but sadly most are set up for ARs. I like the vortex strike eagle but hate the reticle, I have looked at the Bushnell forge 1-8, and I really like the idea of it, but worry about a China scope on a 300. The Bushnell smrs is really nice but too expensive for a rifle that gets less than 50 rounds a year.

Any thoughts?
That 1-8x30 Forge is not made in China, it's made in Korea. It has ED prime and an etched glass reticle - It'll handle a 300WM just fine. If that's too bulky, the 1-6x24 AR Optics is also made in Korea, etched glass reticle, but no ED prime.

Reactions: JS8588