• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Budget Aimpoint mount ?

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
Looking for an budget minded mount for an Aimpoint that will let it co-witness with the irons but won't rattle loose or lose its zero . I know Larue makes one and I am sure I could figure out a dozen other ways to spend 100 bucks or more on this but being unemployed at present I am just trying to figure out something that won't break the bank . I have a flat top AR with standard fron sight and a clamp on A2 style rear sight without carry handle .

Re: Budget Aimpoint mount

The Pro-Mag PM-004.

3172.jpg

Mike

This is all the collective knowledge of the Hide could come up with ?? Geez , I expected at least 3 pages of ideas and 4 pages of people arguing
cool.gif

Aimpoints are expensive. No reason to put them in a cheap mount.

I realize your circumstances don't allow you to dump $200 in a mount, but that is why you don't see a ton of answers.

Michael, I have a used QRP mount if you need something on the cheap. Do yourself a favor and avoid the Chinese garbage.

Has anyone used a 30mm scope ring that would work ? I know it would have to be at least 1.5 inches to center line .

My Aimpoint was cheap , like 50 bucks and it has someone elses name on the side cheap . I am just mounting it on my AR to evaluate whether I even am interested in the Aimpoint setup over other red dot systems . If I decide I prefer something else I am gonna mount it on my Daughters .22 .

I will look into the QRP mount 858 .

My Aimpoint is on a 556 Arsenal AK. I mounted it on an Ultimak gas tube rail in one Burris XTR ring. Works perfectly and was the only way I could make a 1X red dot CQB setup cowitness with my iron sights (a must in my book).

Long story short-one 30mm ring of the right height will do, no need to spend a lot of dough if you don't want to.

SLR106FR003.jpg

mike

i have one of those aimpoint mounts that has the little knob that won't let you over tighen it just laying around the house.

my aimpoint is on my brother inlaws AR with a larue mount on it.

give me something on trade and it's yours....i think they are worth about $50 or so.

Gary