• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

budget AR build help

Raptor77

God didn’t stop the bullets… You missed
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2020
OHIO
I just finished an amazing AR10 build. Six thousand dollars. Now I have to build an AR15 on a budget. Budget is $850. Requirements are: .556 cartridge, 16" barrel and 1 MOAish. M-lok freefloat handguard, and $150-200 for optic. Not much else matters. Can have crappy trigger, buttstock, pistol grip. Doesn't matter. Any suggestions are appreciated. Must be 1 MOAish. 1.5 maybe, but not 2. What do I shop for? Can be a complete rifle, upper and lower, or put together from pieces. Whatever gets the most bang for the buck.

Either spend time on Reddit and Ar15.com and find used parts if your in front of a computer a lot.
Aero and BA have been running some good sales recently.
Best bang for the buck in that price range right now for a compete gun is probably a IWI Zion 15

Total came to about $775

Reactions: Longshot85
I'm just curious how to spend 6k on an AR 😂
On the budget reddit r/gundeals is your friend.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Maybe his optic got it up to 6 grand.

Go to Aero and they are running a sale now. Get that barrel for 130 bucks on sale. There is your 1 MOA. They have bargains on everything this sale and so you can look around there. That is the Aero web site. Buy direct.

Reactions: Biggie1976
Here is another place to check for used parts

Or just build an aero gun and call it good. One thing I can’t stand though is a factory trigger. I’ll always pony up for a nicer trigger no matter the build. Mil spec triggers are essentially useless imo and go in a parts bin never to be touched again

Yeah trying for MOA with a mil trigger is kinda like wanting to win the Derby with a Shetland pony. By FAR the best trigger for the money in my experiance is a Larue MBT. You can get 'em on sale at times for like 100 bucks.
Hands down the best value for after market trigger out there

Reactions: Longshot85
Yeah trying for MOA with a mil trigger is kinda like wanting to win the Derby with a Shetland pony. By FAR the best trigger for the money in my experiance is a Larue MBT. You can get 'em on sale at times for like 100 bucks.
agree, you want a 2 stage or very light and crisp single stage to achieve that. OP can also look at the schmid 2 stage which is an excellent trigger for $60 (same as centurion and Aero sans the logos). I find it just as good as the mbt for 2/3 the price

Reactions: Bluedog82
I just finished an amazing AR10 build. Six thousand dollars. Now I have to build an AR15 on a budget. Budget is $850. Requirements are: .556 cartridge, 16" barrel and 1 MOAish. M-lok freefloat handguard, and $150-200 for optic. Not much else matters. Can have crappy trigger, buttstock, pistol grip. Doesn't matter. Any suggestions are appreciated. Must be 1 MOAish. 1.5 maybe, but not 2. What do I shop for? Can be a complete rifle, upper and lower, or put together from pieces. Whatever gets the most bang for the buck.
well I'll aks; what parts etc make this a 6k build?

OP
just buy an aero upper and lower be done with it. Will put you at 800 or so with moa guarantee on the BA barrels. you won't get better for that price

Reactions: drewthebrave

..... the 2 most important parts that will help you achieve your desired MOA objective will be the barrel and trigger system so be more discerning when selecting those.

If you know anyone at all who has ever owned a few ARs, they likely have a box full of factory fire control groups and A2 pistol grips. Always the first things to come off.

Well, maybe....................but PSA beats the shit outta Radical or Bear Creek any day, every day & twice on Sunday.

Just sayin'.

MM
radical yes, bca no not any longer
My son's first AR was a PSA build with one of their 16" stainless barrels. It shoot better than any of the Ballistic Advantage barrels I see recommended on here.
nice, you are the 1 in a million! all kidding aside, this is the exception rather than the rule in all honesty but that's great. Always good when a build comes together nicely. Over last summer, my boys put their first ARs together using Anderson parts, AO bcg and BA pencil barrels. They shoot very well and not a hiccup. Makes the build, time spent building with the boys and range time that much more satisfying.

cheap has its place and price doesn't always equate to quality but with psa, way too many qc issues to go that route for me is all.

Last edited:
friends don't let friends buy psa
Every psa upper I have has shot flawlessly and been sub Moa. Just ordered 4 more so we will see about those. Been having good luck with their 18” SS Wylde chamber barrels.

radical yes, bca no not any longer

nice, you are the 1 in a million! all kidding aside, this is the exception rather than the rule in all honesty but that's great. Always good when a build comes together nicely. Over last summer, my boys put their first ARs together using Anderson parts, AO bcg and BA pencil barrels. They shoot very well and not a hiccup. Makes the build, time spent building with the boys and range time that much more satisfying.

cheap has its place and price doesn't always equate to quality but with psa, way too many qc issues to go that route for me is all.
I'm not going to argue with you, but to say that BA, Anderson, Aero, etc is better than PSA is borderline ridiculous. They all have low QC standards and you get what you pay for.

well I'll aks; what parts etc make this a 6k build?
SLR Rifleworks uppers and handguards and lower. Vseven titanium BCG and 308 barrel. Xcaliber 45 Raptor barrel on the other upper. Timney Calvin Elite trigger. Many more. Spared no expense and I don't have much money to spare.

Stay away from the over rated Larue trigger.
Much better deals out there that work better.

I'm not going to argue with you, but to say that BA, Anderson, Aero, etc is better than PSA is borderline ridiculous. They all have low QC standards and you get what you pay for.
stop, just stop anyone that puts aero in with psa is either retarded, dumb, cheap, doesn't have a clue or is purposefully myopic