• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Budget FFP scope... possible?

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
First off this is for a buddy, not me. He wants a Nightforce NXS scope, but cannot front the money just yet. I was telling him about the Falcon Menace scope, but I dont know if its still a viable option... I remember reading about them a while back and people were saying that they were decent, not bad and so on. Is it still an option, or is there other options out there that are around the same price of 600-ish bucks.

Thanks guys.

Oh btw, he needs something to get out to 1000yds max. Its going on a Rem700 .308.

Forget the falcon menace. Look at the SWFA SS line as well as weaver and even better Bushnell Elite. The 3-12 Elite with the G2 is an amazing scope for the money. Theres on in the classifieds for less than 600 right now.

I agree with md. Also look at a fixed power tactical scope like the SS or Bushnell. I started by buying a used Vortex PST because they were reselling well. I used it for a year then sold it without losing much.

What's wrong with the falcon line??

I enjoy mine, and haven't had a problem with it after many rounds through it.

U can get a demo swfa 3-15 for 20% off the list price if you call and ask. I don't think you should buy a 600 scope while u are saving for a 1200 dollar one. Primary arms has a decent ffp for 2-300 that would be a good starter scope while you are saving for something better. But for a first ffp scope I think the swfa 3-15 is a ridiculously good deal.

Hes an older dude like 60 some years old, so hes going to use this for now. Hes about to retire and doesnt want to spend much as of now. He might be okay with that bushnell scope...

The Primary Arms 4-14x FFP MIL/MIL is an incredible scope for the $. I am running the SWFA 3-15 FFP MIL/MIL on mt 260 bolt gun and am extremely happy with it also. My Father in Law runs the PA 4-14 on his 260 gas gun and we've put it through the ringer. It's held up and continues to impress. I plan on picking a couple up to replace SFP scopes I'm running on a AR and .22, so I'm FFP MIL/MIL across all platforms without going broke.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_4_14X44_FFP_Scope_p/pa4-14xffp.htm

I think two of the better options (in the price range listed) are the SWFA 3-15 SS or the Bushnell 3-12 Elite.

The Primary Arms 4-14x FFP MIL/MIL is an incredible scope for the $. I am running the SWFA 3-15 FFP MIL/MIL on mt 260 bolt gun and am extremely happy with it also. My Father in Law runs the PA 4-14 on his 260 gas gun and we've put it through the ringer. It's held up and continues to impress. I plan on picking a couple up to replace SFP scopes I'm running on a AR and .22, so I'm FFP MIL/MIL across all platforms without going broke.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_4_14X44_FFP_Scope_p/pa4-14xffp.htm

I can second the Primary Arms 4-14x. It was what I originally had on my 260 before I upgraded to an NXS F1. The Primary Arms can be had with a decent set of rings and a 20MOA base for under your target price range.

I have the SWFA 10x side focus and love it. It's on my Howa 24" bbl .308 and I have bad eyes. I can use (see the target) out to about 800 yds. You want be sorry about getting the SWFA. They are also a great company to deal with.

Have your buddy checkout the new tt525p. It's budget friendly. And with their introductory price, they are basically giving them away.

One option that I didn't see mentioned was Vortex. Their new HST is a great option. I recently purchased one for a hunting rifle of mine in the 4-16x44 model. $559 B&H Photo. Vortex also offer a 6-24x50 for $100 extra, and they are FFP

I'm looking at the swfa 3-15 or the falcon 4-14 but can't decide what would be a better fit for my 700 .308 any thoughts on them

One option that I didn't see mentioned was Vortex. Their new HST is a great option. I recently purchased one for a hunting rifle of mine in the 4-16x44 model. $559 B&H Photo. Vortex also offer a 6-24x50 for $100 extra, and they are FFP
The FFP 6-24 is going to run you closer to $949. Cameralandny.com may have a demo model, but it will still run you $850 or more, if they have one.

The FFP 6-24 is going to run you closer to $949. Cameralandny.com may have a demo model, but it will still run you $850 or more, if they have one.

You can actually get a brand new 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 Mrad Vortex at Sportoptics.com for $798 to your door.

Right now its $829 but if you call you get an extra discount for being a hide member or use code quick5 for 5% off

ask Lonewolfusmc at 8541 tactical about the falcon, i believe his is still going well.

i have one that was on a rem 700 tac 16.5 in 308 which was repeatable to 1000m and back . not the best to look through but everything worked

Another Bump for Bushnell, not only is it competing with Schmidt and Leupold, they have awesome customer service.