• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget friendly night vision

USMC-03XX

03XX
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2022
Kansas
Right out the gate I know I’m looking at like $2800+ With the build kits for the pvs-14 and gen 3 intensifier tube… I’m ok with gen 2…. And maybe like 1200$? Is that possible ??? I’m totally new to building and buying my own night vision, I was spoiled rotten when I was operating and after leaving I never even considered buying my own nvd’s because all the civilian **** is trash and all my yummy delish gen 3+ is as much as a used truck… so if y’all have any guidance I would be more than grateful 🙏🏻🇺🇸

You wil probably get more hits if you put this in the night vision section.

Not sure your timing but one of the best deals going is when TNVC runs a sale on the gen3 WP xls tubes. $2400 for a decent tube with 10yr warranty. Just can’t pick the specs so it’s like the lottery, some people get awesome tubes and some get good tubes. But all of them are pretty good for that price.

An unfilmed WP tube with great specs is going to run you $4k. I wouldn’t recommend a Gen 2+ Unless you are only using it with illum or in places with some ambient light. Been there and it isn’t great.

If you have used the top tier UWP units I doubt you are going to be very happy with gen 2 units.

You can get decent Thin filmed WP tubes in a PVS14 for a little north of $3k.
2 guys to Hit up from here on the hide are

jay @Surgeon_Shooter with sureshot nv

Preston @SkyScrapin with Strickly Offensive Kit. @wigwamitus is with him also.

Done business with both of them. Good guys.

Reactions: USMC-03XX
Thank you both 🙏🏻 And I vaguely remember my old 2 eye to monocular gen 2 I used in the school of idiots… (soi🤣🖤), and yeah they were pathetic not horrible outside on a super high lume night they “help” but y’all are right… and thank you for the points of contact I’ll stay gen 3 and keep saving $ 😭🇺🇸

Reactions: wigwamitus
We can get you in a new PVS14 with third gen Elbit Systems White Phosphor SLH grade tube for $2800. with warranty.

SLH is the mid grade of Elbit tubes, not the "bottom of the barrel" XLS tube grade and the better grade SLH tubes do cost a good bit more. The lowest grade XLS tubes aren't always available- as Elbit says they "don't set out to make a lower grade tube". No more than you or I would ride down the road roll down the windows and toss $500. out the window, they don't seek to make less money. Basically the lowest grade xls tubes are the rejects of every other tube grade higher than it- SLH, YH, VH, M23H etc. And yes there are some decent examples of xls tubes out there, but there is always SOMETHING that knocked it off the shelf for being a better grade- too many blems, blems in Zone 1 (center), numbers out of whack, etc.

The mid grade SLH offers a higher tube quality for not a helluva lot more money, with much tighter spec numbers and much cleaner spot spec.

Feel free to call, email or PM if we can help you, these are currently in stock with no wait. Celebrating 30 years in business.
Robert
JRH Enterprises

• Love
We will most definitely be in contact, I need to get some more cash together but this is next on my list. Trying to get my kit back together 🙏🏻🇺🇸 Thank you 🙏🏻

Reactions: Lowdown3
Sounds good, whenever your ready give us a shout.

I’ve stumbled into a cheap pvs14 here on this place. Gotta be quick, but picked a mine up from a member about 3 months ago for 1100 bucks. Works for me, and when the tube dies, will upgrade to WP. It’s already a Gen 3 autogated, single battery unit, so not a bad play toy as is. @CoryT has quite a few units for sale now and then.

If you aren't allergic to green you should be able to get a green PVS14 for $2k +/-. Elbit WP are a great option if you want WP and don't want to pay unfilmed price

Do NOT get gen 2. I have used the best too and gen 2 is like sleeping with a 300 l chick after dating Jennifer anniston
Yes I know you are right… it’s been 15 years at least since I’ve looked through gen 2 and I couldn’t really remember until everyone else mentioned it, how much of an improvement the gen 3 were when I got them…🙏🏻🇺🇸

At least I assume I’m 2005 iraq I had the green correct? (USMC) I haven’t got to play with good gear in a minute, my Pmc had some but the owner was a major tight ass lol

Damn I was looking at comparison pics and I don’t remember 😭😂🤷🏻‍♂️It was easy as fuck seeing and moving around the city at night and they seemed badass… I didn’t really care about gear when I was younger especially because I was not paying for it…

Pretty sure you had green. Nothing wrong with it, some just prefer white. Im one of them, I think it’s easier to see the contrasts, some people feel like green is better.