• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget scope rings

Dildobaggins

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
Looking to get some budget scope rings for an Arken SH4 I just bought. Trying to keep it under $100. Looked through the forums and see people like the UTG pro. I'm looking at arken halo rings and also althon armor. Anyone try any of these rings or have any other suggestions for rings under $100 that are good quality?

Looking to get some budget scope rings for an Arken SH4 I just bought. Trying to keep it under $100. Looked through the forums and see people like the UTG pro. I'm looking at arken halo rings and also althon armor. Anyone try any of these rings or have any other suggestions for rings under $100 that are good quality?
Why not buy the Arken HALO rings? They're actually pretty damn good rings for the money...I have several sets, and a couple of my SH4's are sitting in some. I think they're like $60. Just make sure you go by the torque specs, and don't go more than 5 in-lbs. over spec.

Personally, I think it's hard to beat the Seekins Precision 34mm Low rings. That's what I have on just about every rifle I own...And have a set on my Arken EP5 that is sitting on my R700 5R .260 Rem. It's heavy, but for a range toy, it's a bombproof setup.

What are you putting it on?

I don't like cheap rings. They are always 6061 and have shit hardware. I've seen the Arken rings cracked at the range.
If this is for a bolt gun and you can stretch your budget to 150, then pick up a set of the ARC's M10's on their BF sale.

These have been pretty reliable for me at a good price. It's 1.5' high though so may not be good on a bolt gun.
https://grabagun.com/leupold-177095-mark-ar-scope-rings.html

Reactions: Dildobaggins
Why not buy the Arken HALO rings? They're actually pretty damn good rings for the money...I have several sets, and a couple of my SH4's are sitting in some. I think they're like $60. Just make sure you go by the torque specs, and don't go more than 5 in-lbs. over spec.

Personally, I think it's hard to beat the Seekins Precision 34mm Low rings. That's what I have on just about every rifle I own...And have a set on my Arken EP5 that is sitting on my R700 5R .260 Rem. It's heavy, but for a range toy, it's a bombproof setup.
I actually had $50 dollars in rewards points from Arken so im going to get a set of halos for $24 bucks. I think I'll use those and save for some seekins rings. Seekins seems to be the general consensus around here, so I'll listen.

Reactions: FuhQ
I actually had $50 dollars in rewards points from Arken so im going to get a set of halos for $24 bucks. I think I'll use those and save for some seekins rings. Seekins seems to be the general consensus around here, so I'll listen.
That's a good plan. Definitely save up for the Seekins... You won't regret those. They're built like a tank, and their alignment tolerances are so close, you don't need to lap them if you use a good 1-piece base, like the EGW (Evolution Gun Works) HD bases. Those are the bases I use on all my rifles, as well. 👍🏼

That's a good plan. Definitely save up for the Seekins... You won't regret those. They're built like a tank, and their alignment tolerances are so close, you don't need to lap them if you use a good 1-piece base, like the EGW (Evolution Gun Works) HD bases. Those are the bases I use on all my rifles, as well. 👍🏼

Wow, those bases are well priced. Think i'm going to put the scope on an AR and save the seekins for the defiance tenacity action.

Wow, those bases are well priced. Think i'm going to put the scope on an AR and save the seekins for the defiance tenacity action.
I run one of my SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 scopes on my custom 6.5 Grendel DMR build. I'm using the Arken 20MOA 1-piece AR mount. Works great.

D41E43A6-8AAD-44C7-98B6-D6DF6F1DFE72.jpeg

I run one of my SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 scopes on my custom 6.5 Grendel DMR build. I'm using the Arken 20MOA 1-piece AR mount. Works great.
Ha! I'm going to try this scope on my 6.5 grendel as well. Question. Would that center dot on the Arken cover up a 1/4 bullseye? Might try using it for load development. Going to try an OCW test next week.

Ha! I'm going to try this scope on my 6.5 grendel as well. Question. Would that center dot on the Arken cover up a 1/4 bullseye? Might try using it for load development. Going to try an OCW test next week.
Works good for me... I shoot small 2" and 3" Shoot-N-See targets with small orange bullseyes for load development groups without any issues.

Completely coincidence, but the 6.5 Grendel shot it’s best group after I swapped that Arken on there… I’d say I’ve gotten my handloads figured out for this one. 😏

72C86D7B-7B84-461E-98A4-BB3A55B9D9F8.jpeg

Completely coincidence, but the 6.5 Grendel shot it’s best group after I swapped that Arken on there… I’d say I’ve gotten my handloads figured out for this one. 😏

View attachment 8003664
Good stuff. What bullet you using? I'm still trying to figure out a load. Been using H335 with 120eldm. Going to try some 95 grain VMAX with that powder. Hopefully it'll tighten the groups up.

not that it really means much but we have been using extreamly cheap vortex rings and in 3 years have not had a single problem with them also own 3 pair of the arken rings they as well have not , not worked as intended .

Good stuff. What bullet you using? I'm still trying to figure out a load. Been using H335 with 120eldm. Going to try some 95 grain VMAX with that powder. Hopefully it'll tighten the groups up.
Nosler 123 Custom Competition backed by Hodgdon CFE-223 powder and a CCI 450 primer.

I won an Arken package at a match that came with scope, rings and all the accessories. The rings don’t seem that bad and I haven’t had any issues. With that said I do remember the torque specs seemed low compared to the seekins rings I normally run. I mounted it on one of my 22s and am confident the rings won’t be a problem but don’t think I will purchase more of them to save a few bucks over the seekins. Actually bought some seekins rings off here this morning. You can usually get them for $80-120