• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget Scope

Mc Max

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2023
Germany
Hi, I’m looking for a Scope which should be used for PRS 100-1000 yards. The one I heard good from are:

ELEMENT TITAN 5-25x56FFP
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50
Primary Arms GLx 6-24x50 FFP

I‘m quiet sure ghat a lot of you guys already tested to one or the other one so I would be happy to get some help!

I would throw the Arken EP5 5-25x56 into that list, as well. My EP5 has glass just as good as the PST G2 we compared it directly to side-by-side. Not saying all of them are that way, but mine is, and I have read many reports of folks experiencing the same quality level of glass in them.

And I would narrow my personal choice down to the EP5 and PA GLx.

Our new GLx 4.5-27s would be a great fit for that as well. We have them available for pre-order right now. Feature ED glass as well as these features.

Features:
  • 4.5-27x Magnification
  • 56mm objective
  • 3.5" of eye relief
  • 34mm main tube
  • 180 MOA Elevation adjustment
  • High strength one-piece 6061-T6 aluminum body
  • Compact design is 14.45" long and weighs just 33.2 Oz
  • Premium grade glass
  • Patented turret mechanisms
  • Steel-on-Steel precision adjustments
  • Tactile and audible 1/10 MIL click value
  • Locking turrets protect your zero
  • Integrated return-to-zero
  • AutoLive illuminated reticle
  • Elevation Rotation Indicators
  • Dovetail Magnification Lever (UML compatible)

Our new GLx 4.5-27s would be a great fit for that as well. We have them available for pre-order right now. Feature ED glass as well as these features.

Features:
  • 4.5-27x Magnification
  • 56mm objective
  • 3.5" of eye relief
  • 34mm main tube
  • Premium grade glass
Are they in stock and shipping now? I haven’t been on your site for minute.

we need to know your budget. right now would be a very good time to call Liberty Optics and order an XTR3

Yup the XTRIIIi 5.5-30 would be a great choice.

Features:
  • 4.5-27x Magnification
  • 56mm objective
  • 3.5" of eye relief
  • 34mm main tube
  • Premium grade glass
Thanks! Yes I’m very interested! Also in the Primary Arms GLX4 6-24x50 FFP but to get it in europe is quiet hard. Is there any chance to buy it more easily?

strike eagle 5-25 beats pst gen 2 easily

we need to know your budget. right now would be a very good time to call Liberty Optics and order an XTR3
really? strike eagle is better as the pst gen 2?

My budget is 1200€/$… the big problem is to get the US prices here in europe… Primary Arms GLX4 6-24x50 FFP is for example ≈ 1100€/$ here… same as a PST Gen 2… a Strike Eagle is around 850€/$

really? strike eagle is better as the pst gen 2?

My budget is 1200€/$… the big problem is to get the US prices here in europe… Primary Arms GLX4 6-24x50 FFP is for example ≈ 1100€/$ here… same as a PST Gen 2… a Strike Eagle is around 850€/$
id take the strike eagle any day.

new generations always have advancements. razor 1 to 2to 3
viper/vst gen1 to gen 2 and now its a dead product line

newer design
newer reticle
easy zero (with or without zero stop) and more travel
glass i would say is probably a toss up

i certainly wouldn't may MORE for a pst over a strike eagle especially $250

Reactions: Mc Max
I informed me a bit about the Bushnell 6-24x50 Match Pro and I like a lot that the mechanics are on point… How is the Glas comparable to which vortex? I know the ED version is even better but here not available.

The Vortex PST II is Philippines made but getting rather old in scope years (kinda like dog years) and will likely be replaced soon. The brand new Primary Arms GLx 4.5-27x56 is also made in Philippines and represents brand new design, PA is very good about returns and warranty so that might be worth taking a chance on if you can wait a month. All the other scopes you mention are Chinese mfr'd and if I have a choice between Philippines and China I'm going to pick the Filipino scope almost every time, but that's me...

Features:
  • 4.5-27x Magnification
  • 56mm objective
  • 3.5" of eye relief
  • 34mm main tube
  • Premium grade glass
The new GLx 4.5-27x56 34mm has 120MOA total elevation travel not 160MOA which the new 3-18x version has. They appear to be a more affordable alternative compared to the Burris XTR IIIs which are also made in the Philippines with not as much total elevation travel as these new PA GLx's and I'd sure like to see a head to head comparison between both of the new PA GLx's vs Burris XTR III's.

I informed me a bit about the Bushnell 6-24x50 Match Pro and I like a lot that the mechanics are on point… How is the Glas comparable to which vortex? I know the ED version is even better but here not available.
The image quality on the cheaper Bushnell Match Pro is similar to their Engage line but not quite as good on high magnification and glass is comparable to the Venom glass slightly better than the Diamondback Tactical and the Bushnell no zero stop and decent turret clicks nothing spectacular though but has a very limited amount of total elevation travel of 18MILs/60MOA you're much better off with an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 with zero stop, it's got night and day WAY BETTER glass and turrets like 3 levels above and has 25MILs/85MOA total elevation travel also in a 30mm tube and lighter weight. Their new Match Pro ED is a real disappointment for me after comparing it to my cheaper Athlon Midas Tac and Ares BTR which are about 2 levels above the Bushnell in regards to quality IMHO the turrets in the more expensive Bushnell Match Pro ED is worse than their cheaper Match Pro which is kind of mushy which was a real shocker. The biggest issue I have is at 30x the image quality on the Bushnell isn't sharp and past 24x starts to go bad like how the Arken EP5 gets past 20x and it's really dark and it's milky or like looking through fog at long distances past 800 yards while the Athlons don't have this fogginess on high magnification and I expected way better for a $699.99 direct to consumer scope with no middle man markups. I could have been a lot happier if I bought another Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 for $565 from Walmart online (normally sells for $869.99 at most dealers) and also have money leftover for more reloading supplies.

I'm also not a fan of Vortex scopes after experiencing first hand several failures from different tier levels of their Chinese lines of scopes. Best warranty in the business because you actually need to use it. I don't like buying low quality cheaply made overpriced stuff especially Chinese stuff that you have to pray it doesn't fail on you during a hunt you already stalked hundreds of yards on.

Last edited:
Hi, I’m looking for a Scope which should be used for PRS 100-1000 yards. The one I heard good from are:

ELEMENT TITAN 5-25x56FFP

I‘m quiet sure ghat a lot of you guys already tested to one or the other one so I would be happy to get some help!
I'd scratch that Element Titan off of your list too. They're overpriced Chinese made scopes and you should only buy them when they go on sale for $550 if you insist on buying that brand and it's still not as good as an Arken EP5 you have mich better choices for under $1000 and I have personally yet to find a better quality Chinese made scope than the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x5 whenever it goes on sale for $500 or less and the Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 that can be found for as cheap as $565 with free shipping and free returns within 30 days. These are the best quality Chinese made scopes you can buy short of wasting money on the Athlon Ares ETR which is ok fact the best Chinese scopes that money can buy but the ETRs are way too overpriced when you can buy some NON CHINESE made Meopta Optika 6 or Primary Arms GLx for less money or even a GPO.

In your case I'd go with the Chinese Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 for $565 or the new Primary Arms GLx 4.5-27x56 for around $700-$750 when you shop smart.

ELEMENT TITAN 5-25x56FFP

If I was in your shoes, I'd look at the Meopta Optika6 4.5-27 or 5-30.

Reactions: Scopeye