• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Budget Spotting Scope

BeerAlchemist

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2009
WA
The Hide has plenty to say about spotting scopes, but tend to focus on the high end. All I need is to see my shot placement at 200 yards as I rarely have opportunity to shoot longer than that. Any thoughts on a good spotting scope in the $200 range?

Re: Budget Spotting Scope

Not to be a curmudgeon, but the words "good spotting scope" and "$200 range" don't really go together. Having said that, what Doug offers is probably your best value going.

Scott

I am very satisfied with my Vortex spotter.

My next purchase though is most likely going to be the Bushnell with the mil reticle. Still on the lower end of pricing, and you have a reticle. Aside from a few early problems, I have heard good reports also.

That's speaking relative to the price range. I figure I should be able to get something in that price range that can see holes in paper at 200 yards. If I can ever shoot long range at a regular basis than I will consider dropping the big dollars...until then I will look into that Vortex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very satisfied with my Vortex spotter.

My next purchase though is most likely going to be the Bushnell with the mil reticle. Still on the lower end of pricing, and you have a reticle. Aside from a few early problems, I have heard good reports also. </div></div>

Same here. Bushnell with reticle seems to be a decent entry level option for those of use that aren't exploding things near our equipment or throwing off of cliffs into lakes etc.

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beer Alchemist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's speaking relative to the price range. I figure I should be able to get something in that price range that can see holes in paper at 200 yards. </div></div>

Yes you can, my Alpen 742 I paid $169 will see 308s out to 350 in cardboard, much further with Shoot N C. Alpen has less expensive spotters too, down to $125 that will also do what you ask.