• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Budget Stock

allghilliedup04

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Salem, Oregon
So im starting a new budget build and i need input from people with first hand expierience.

Which would you reccomend the B&C 1000 M40 style stock

or the hogue full bed block stock ( NOT pillar bedded )

Re: Budget Stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRENCHHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">of the 2 you listed i'd go with the b&c </div></div>

+1

I have a B&C on a budget SPS tactical and it does well. It is not my Manners but it will do for now...

I would recommend the B&C.

I have one, and used it as a test bed to build a rifle, and heavily modified the stock.

It was worth the $200 I paid for it, and shoots well.

Look for a used HS Precision or a take off in the classifieds, There are always a few, I like them better than the B&C. They are lighter and I like the looks more. I already have 2 and like them both for budget builds and they are about the same price as the B&C shipped.

Looks are subjective, but I've always prefered the overall feel of the HSP stocks. I don't think there is any real difference in quality though. Whichever you like. Either will be better than the Hogue.

Definately the B&C.

Don't mess with the Hogue. They flex ALOT! GA uses them on their Non-typicals, and i doubt they would ever consider building a rifle on a Hogue. That's gotta mean something.

i was already leaning to the B&C but does anyone have ANY input on the full bed block hogue? i know the pillar bed hogues are flimsy and contact the barrel. but i havent talked to anyone who has a the full bed block.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allghilliedup04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was already leaning to the B&C but does anyone have ANY input on the full bed block hogue? i know the pillar bed hogues are flimsy and contact the barrel. but i havent talked to anyone who has a the full bed block. </div></div>

That's the one I'm referring to. My father had one on his .300 win mag. When he got down behind it, you could see it flex and twist. He just switched it out for a B&C Medalist. Significant change in accuracy. Stay away from the Hogue. Full bedding block or not. If their stocks were worth a crap they wouldn't twist and flex with or without a full bedding block. Food for thought.

gotcha i thought you meant a pillar bed. thanks for the input. i kinda figured the hogue was no good but hadnt heard much about the full bed block and i guess now i know why! thanks for all the help guys my decision is made!

Hi, I've been going down the same road, as you. I have been looking for a used HS Precision, but no luck or too slow. I've got a new B & C on the way, $200 plus shipping. I tried a Hogue with pillars, waste of time. Good luck.

B&C. I had a Hogue and the felt recoil was more noticeable than on the B&C.

I have a couple B&C A5's and like them alot. Not even going to say "for the money". I like them as much as my McMillans. They just seam to fit me.