• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Budget XLS BNVD - ordered and specs

Twistid

I'm pilot, I can fly
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Code 3 to Hawaii
So I deleted the original thread on these NVD BNVD's because it devolved into arguing but just wanted to follow up for those who were interested.

For those looking for "budget" night vision I wanted to share what I bought and received. I got a set of Night Vision Devices BNVD single gain with the hate it or love it Elbit XLSH tubes, took about 5 weeks from order to delivery. Straight to the specs...

L/R
EBI 0.62 / 0.77
SNR 29.3/30.1
RES 64 / 64
Halo 0.92 / 0.98
Gain 8370 / 8310
Photo Response 1954/1874

Each tube has a very tiny Z1 blem, visible when staring at light colored wall and turning up the gain. Otherwise its imperceptible under normal use. Overall pretty happy with what I got.

ZuMPhtc.jpeg

y6hsY3T.jpeg

wMuwmwh.jpeg

GeM31lj.jpeg

Last edited:
Willing to share what you paid? Perfectly serviceable specs and they look very nice!

Reactions: Lowdown3
Thank you for your business, much appreciated!

Yes we put the full featured BNVD Single gain units with the XLS WP tubes back up for sale for a few days over Black Friday, you can get one for $5999. like the OP did when he first ordered.

We will have to shut down that listing Sunday night at midnight. They are selling like crazy and above all we need to try to see that lead times don't get out of hand on these products also.

Edited-

I had the dates jacked up on the BF Sale price. They are fixed now, everyone who has just ordered in the last few days got an email with the adjustment also. Longer lead times now, but we got the price down a little bit for the sale. My apologies for the mix up.

Last edited:
Just wanted to jump in here and double down on the OP's @Twistid post

I ordered mine - 10 OCT 2020 - and they just arrived today. The wait time was long, but they were worth it.

SPECS:
NVD-BNVD-SG with Elbit XLSH Tubes
EBI: 0.68 / 0.67
SNR: 30.2 / 32.6
RES: 76 / 76
HALO: 0.93 / 0.75
FOM: 2295 / 2478

These had a pretty decent Z2 spec in the right tube, but other than that, great tubes... For a sub $6,000 set of binos, with gain, how can you go wrong?

By the way, Min Specs for XLSH are 1344 FOM... Ive seen a lot of units that FAR exceed that (These included)

Great job @Lowdown3
IMG_6547 2.jpg

Thank you for your business, much appreciated! Great specs, better than mine!!

These and all other tube options for BNVD single gain units and Ultralight BNVD Single gain units are on sale now for our April DUALS Days sale.

Reactions: cschastain2
Just wanted to jump in here and double down on the OP's @Twistid post

I ordered mine - 10 OCT 2020 - and they just arrived today. The wait time was long, but they were worth it.

SPECS:
NVD-BNVD-SG with Elbit XLSH Tubes
EBI: 0.68 / 0.67
SNR: 30.2 / 32.6
RES: 76 / 76
HALO: 0.93 / 0.75
FOM: 2295 / 2478

These had a pretty decent Z2 spec in the right tube, but other than that, great tubes... For a sub $6,000 set of binos, with gain, how can you go wrong?

By the way, Min Specs for XLSH are 1344 FOM... Ive seen a lot of units that FAR exceed that (These included)

Great job @Lowdown3
View attachment 7593414
You knocked the ball out of the park. Sub $6,000 for a top of the line housing with excellent tubes and specs is outstanding.

A buddy of mine bought 2 PVS 14's with WP Elbit XLSH Tubes from Robert at JRH Enterprises about a year ago and they were both 2600 FOM units.

Both of their screens were pristine clean with all of the specs being extremely good.

It was his first pair of NV devices and I told him, dude you got a better pair of units than I have ever purchased. Dam I was jealous. :LOL:

I have a set very close to those at 2550 FOM, but dammit boy, he smoked me. But he is a really good guy so I am proud for him.

Last edited: