• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Buff Hunt

hiddenBuff

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2011
California
Here are a couple of buffs I shot In Zimbabwe one charged and after it was hit 9 time 3 with 1 458 Win 3 with a 416 Rem and 3 with 458 Lott I hit it at 12 yards with my 505 gibbs Dead.
The other I shot stright on at 147 yards with my 505 gibbs one shot kill the bullet went almost all the way through look like a pimple under his but cheek.
I am useing a CZ 505 Safari Classic with all the bells and whisles. I shoot a 600 gr Woodleigh and I am pushing it at around 2400 PFS. It is the Hammer of THOR

Re: Buff Hunt

WOW!! What spectacular buffs, congratulations!!

I am envious as that is my all time dream hunt
wink.gif

That is pretty awesome, after reading all of Peter Capstick's books that is one hunt I don't think I have the balls to do.

Those are some nice buffs... My Buff hunt to date is one of my most exciting hunts. What outfitter did you go with?

The buff that charged.
It was first walking with about 8 other daggaboys comeing at a 45 degree angle from right to left. My dad hit it with his 416 rem but a little to far back off the shoulder. A hour latter and chaseing it, it turned and charged. My buddy was shooting the 458 Win our tracker was shooting the 458 Lott my dad was the 416 rem and I was the 505 gibbs. As we can in a single file line through the brush the buff charge at about 45 yards. my buddy fired 3 458 win and was out the tracker fired 3 458 lott and was out, My dad fire 2 416 rem and was out. I was still in the brush and my buddy screming SHOOT I push forward and hit the buff between the shoulders putting him to the ground. After the dust calmed down all the other bullets hit in the shoulders and neck hit left and right shoulder where gone. My 505 Gibbs hit on his back between his shoulder because he had just dropped his head to give us hie meat hooks. My bullet broke his spin and was the bullet that killed him.

I set the trip up and ahve very good hunts all over if you want some information just ask and we can sort it out.