• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buffalo NY Mom Can Feel Shrapnel Under Son's Skin

Conaso

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2011
Virginia

Mother of a Buffalo mass shooting victim says she can still feel the pieces of a bullet embedded in his back when she cleans his wounds.​

Personally, if I can still feel shrapnel, I'd get a new doctor.

The mother of a Buffalo shooting victim said her son, who was injured in the attack, said he still has pieces of the bullet under his skin.
Zaire Goodman, 21, was an employee at a Tops supermarket in Buffalo, New York where a gunman opened fire last month, killing 10 people in what police have called an attack motivated by racist hate.
"My son Zaire has a hole in the right side of his neck, two on his back, and another on his left leg. Caused by an exploding bullet from an AR-15," Zeneta Everhart told Congress in a hearing on gun violence in the U.S. Wednesday.
"As I clean his wounds, I can feel pieces of that bullet in his back. Shrapnel will be left inside his body for the rest of his life," she continued.
She then called out politicians who refuse to act on gun violence in the country.
"I invite you to my home," she said, "to help clean Zaire's wounds so that you can see up close the damage that has been caused to my son and my community."
"As an elected official it is your duty to draft legislation that protects Zaire and all of the children and citizens in this country. Common-sense gun laws are not about your personal feelings or beliefs. You are elected because you have been chosen and trusted to protect us. But let me say here today: I do not feel protected," she said.

Dems explodin bullets!

Well, how are you going to protect your child? More laws? I cannot believe politicians have not enacted a law to make murder illegal.

Sorry lady, but if the law has no duty to protect innocent children at a school, they have no duty to protect you anywhere. Laws are just empty words put in place to make money off of deemed illegal acts, they do not care about you or your family.

I know several people who carry shrapnel. Gunshot trauma surgons often leave shrapnel when it would do more harm than good to go after it.

Reactions: Average guy
Okay Zeneta, how about you getting a handgun of your own and practicing with it so the next time some nutjob attacks your family you put some fucking "shrapnel" into the assailant's worthless heads??? Stop fucking playing victim.
Only problem with that,, it's fucking NY.
Screwed up laws to carry concealed.

Just apart of their stupidity

New York has a self-defense law based on the Castle Doctrine. In NY, citizens have the duty to retreat from attackers if they feel they can safely do so.

Use of Physical Force
A person may use physical force in self-defense, defense of a third person, in defense of premises, or in order to prevent larceny of or criminal mischief to property.

A person may use physical force when the person reasonably believes it to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a crime involving damage to premises, or to prevent or terminate the commission of a criminal trespass, larceny or of criminal mischief with respect to property. Any degree of physical force other than deadly physical force can be used.

Use of Deadly Force
Deadly force
can only be used if the actor reasonably believes that:

• Another person is using or about to use deadly physical force. However, the actor may not use deadly physical force if he or she can retreat with complete personal safety; except that the actor has no duty to retreat if he or she is in his or her dwelling and not the initial aggressor; or
  • Another person is committing or attempting to commit a kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible criminal sexual act or robbery; or
  • Another person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary, and the circumstances are such that the use of deadly physical force is authorized.

Last edited:
Not sure why that location had an armed guard? I've been in dozens of Tops and never seen one.

I know several people who carry shrapnel. Gunshot trauma surgons often leave shrapnel when it would do more harm than good to go after it.

"Trauma surgeons leave shrapnel" the surface of the skin where it can be felt because "it can do more harm" to remove it? :unsure:

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
Not at the skin level. Around critical organs, nerves, and other vitals yes. But if you can feel it under the skin? Not going to believe that.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
Not at the skin level. Around critical organs, nerves, and other vitals yes. But if you can feel it under the skin? Not going to believe that.
The point being that if she can feel it while washing him, it's not in those locations, is it?

Lt General Henry Shrapnel would disagree. People have not been hit by shrapnel since the end of WWI. Fragments, shards, projectiles, not shrapnel. Fragments of bullets may be left is place if it would cause more damage to remove than by leaving it there. That said, fragments in skin or subcutaneous fat layers would almost always be removed during the debriding process. In any event, still not shrapnel.

"Trauma surgeons leave shrapnel" the surface of the skin where it can be felt because "it can do more harm" to remove it? :unsure:
I once watched an Iraq vet pull a fragment of an IED out of his chest. He said that happens every so often as the pieces work their way out.

Reactions: Foul Mike
I once watched an Iraq vet pull a fragment of an IED out of his chest. He said that happens every so often as the pieces work their way out.
After my dad's stint in South Korea, he came back to the States and taught new soldiers some basic infantry stuff, I presume as part of their chemical weapons-related training. An incendiary bomb or simulator or a smoke-generating mortar or SOMETHING went off next to him and busted a hole in his leg. It was raining, he had on a poncho, and bits of plastic and trouser were stuck in there along with metal etc from the device. Had it been slightly to one side, he'd have bled out and to the other, lost his leg at least. They got most of the poncho etc out.

Some years later he notices something black kinda poking out of his leg. He pulled it out. There was still poncho in there. I dunno if they ever got it ALL out or not.

Sometimes it's really interesting to field questions after having X-Rays or CT scans.
I have a good sized metal fragment in my hip - but since the entire area is basically numb, there's no reason to bother having it removed. If it doesn't hurt, don't mess with it.

OP, heres an x-ray, AFAIK...surgeons often time don't (sometimes, they cannot) remove every single spec of foreign matter

This is especially true from high-kinetic-energy injuries...

d982f2307309070ca2fdcc7e3160d7_big_gallery.jpeg

OP, heres an x-ray, AFAIK...surgeons often time don't (sometimes, they cannot) remove every single spec of foreign matter

This is especially true from high-kinetic-energy injuries...

d982f2307309070ca2fdcc7e3160d7_big_gallery.jpeg
OUCH!

Her son was fortunate enough to make it out alive when many others weren't so fortunate and she's bitching about being able to feel the shrapnel? If that was one of my sons I'd be thanking God every living second of my life that I still have him alive.