• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buffer question for AR15 pistol

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
Where is a good source of info for AR15 buffer and buffer springs in regard to 9mm blowback, No Gas. I hav 2 lowers, 1 uses Glock mags and never hiccups. Other uses Colt mags, bcg will come back far enough to eject and pick up new round but will not recock fcg. I am planning on cutting 2 coils off buffer spring till it runs reliably. Have taken buffer and spring and changed them out with same results. Is there any diff in regard to bcg travel with Glock vs Colt style mags? Thanks

The PCC subforum on BrianEnos has more buffer/spring info than you can swing a dead cat at. Hydraulic, magnetic, 3 stage, all the spring rates you can imagine are on there.

What profile is your hammer ? Mine cocks reliably with ONLY a full USGI profile hammer , specifically the ALG ACT.

Also ... how long is the "ramp" on your bolt ? In other words, is the ramp length not allowing the hammer to re cock fully ?

Pic from the internet... to show ramp lengths. Kudos to whomever's pic that is

Attachments

• SljYCbV.jpeg
    SljYCbV.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 38