• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buffer Spring For AR-10 Rifle With a Rifle Receiver Extension Tube & Rifle Buffer

Fire4EffectCA

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2019
What are others using for a buffer spring replacement for an AR-10 platform with a rifle buffer and rifle receiver extension tube? I have a 27 year old Knight’s SR-25 rifle that uses a rifle buffer and rifle receiver extension tube. I checked Sprinco’s offerings and they do not offer a buffer spring for the AR-10 platform with a rifle buffer and rifle receiver extension tube.

To each their own but I changed out my spring and buffer to a JP SCS H2 and haven’t looked back. It comes with a spacer for rifle length tubes too.

Armalite uses the same spring in their carbine and rifle tubes. They cost about $6 most places.

Reactions: GhostFace
Slash over at heavy buffers could possibly fix your spring problem and get it to you in days.

I appreciate all the feedback. I have never had any malfunctions with my SR-25, but after 27 years I think it is time to replace it. I see David Tubb’s and Knight’s rifle buffer springs are the same price so I will give David’s a try. I don’t want to start playing around with spacers.

Reactions: GhostFace