• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buffers......we don't need no steenkin buffers

I saw this back in November I think. Neat idea, but for the price I’m fine letting others put rounds on it to test reliability first.

Reactions: simonp
Just scanning articles, it looks like FTF issues are common, and not forward assist compatible, which ironically would help a bit.

I saw that one. FWIW it looks like he’s running it bone dry, and also I’ve read where loosening the cup on the folder, and then re-torquing it with the ARIC installed seems to help drastically reduce the FTF.

I’ll add that I’m not an AR-15 “purist” that downplays every mod as “unreliable”. I think this just needs a little tweaking to get enough momentum to reliably feed rounds, consistently. I’m sure it has trouble chambering the first of a fully loaded mag also.

I saw that one. FWIW it looks like he’s running it bone dry, and also I’ve read where loosening the cup on the folder, and then re-torquing it with the ARIC installed seems to help drastically reduce the FTF.

I’ll add that I’m not an AR-15 “purist” that downplays every mod as “unreliable”. I think this just needs a little tweaking to get enough momentum to reliably feed rounds, consistently. I’m sure it has trouble chambering the first of a fully loaded mag also.
It just seems to be looking to solve a problem that's not there. I would buy a Sig and not worry about the buffer if that's what I wanted. Hell I have a few XCRs that I would rather use than this.

Reactions: jb0311
It just seems to be looking to solve a problem that's not there. I would buy a Sig and not worry about the buffer if that's what I wanted. Hell I have a few XCRs that I would rather use than this.
Well the problem its trying to solve is the ability to fire with the stock in the folded position with their folding mechanism.

I think you're correct to a degree, it makes no sense to spend over $600 on a folder and the ARIC when you could just get a MCX and be done with it. I think they are targeting mainly those who already have a folder and for whatever reason thought "i really need to shoot this with it folded." That market is out there but i'm not in it.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Well the problem its trying to solve is the ability to fire with the stock in the folded position with their folding mechanism.
Right, I think they are mainly targeting those who already have a folder. If starting from scratch, the >$600 to be able to fire folded doesn't make as much sense to me as getting a MCX or BRN. Obviously the market is there though, but again i think most adopters probably already have the folder.