• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Build almost done - SJC Titan or JP Cooley?

lolnorcal

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Hey there, not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I've been weighing out the pros/cons of each and I'd like to hear some input, perhaps from owners of said muzzle devices.

Originally I wanted to go with the JP Cooley, .875 OD w/ .350 exit, in a black parkerized (or at least appears that way) finish. Then I caught wind of the SJC Titans in their blued finish. It piqued my interest, especially since most reviews (and tests) say the SJC Titan performs a bit better than the JP Cooley. My only worry is the durability of the blued steel vs. a parkerized finish.

Whichever one I choose, it will be going on a 21" Noveske 7.62mm barrel.

Thanks all.

Re: Build almost done - SJC Titan or JP Cooley?

Finish on my SJC has held up fine. It also comes in stainless.

Not a fan of the stainless finish. Where did you pick up your brake (in blued finish) at? I've only been able to find one source, here: http://www.cpwsa.com/s_&_j_customs.htm
Anybody know if this vendor is GTG?

Can anybody confirm the OD of the SJC Titan where it bevels down toward the barrel? The OD of the barrel is .875

cpwsa is more than good to go .... Ive shopped with him many times and he is a local guy so I mainly get stuff face to face with him.

Good to hear. Looks like I'll be placing my order there soon. Just want to mock up the barrel first.

If anybody wants to chime in on the JP Cooley brake, or the SJC Titan for that matter, it would be appreciated.

An old thread, but here is a user of the Titan that had problems with the finish. Not sure if they rectified the problem. SJC Titan
Good to know the 308 models come in stainless now. Exactly what I wanted for a future build.

I remember seeing the thread- he received the complete rifle from Noveske and I believe the finish of the comp had rust on it.

Correct. I forgot to add the link in my post. Just added it now, so you can read it for reference.

I wonder where the OP of that thread got his SJC Titan parkerized at. It'd be a no brainer at that point. I'm even reading the blued finish isn't bad when exposed to the elements.

Edit: Ah, Noveske themselves parkerized it upon having it returned. I wonder if I were to send them my barrel (bead blasted finish), they could throw on a parkerized SJC Titan. Wishful thinking.