• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Build finally done quite the story, (range pic)

Subxero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2012
PA
What a road it has been, I have been very busy the last 5 weeks making this happen. Heres the story behind this stick.

It all starts 3 yrs ago, i placed an order with Long Shot Rifles LLC

gave them $2500 for parts and the wait began...
and continued...and so on. Until few weeks ago i found out of their bankruptcy. CRAP!!

After all that waiting i needed a gun...NOW!!
To the shooting boards i went. I had some money squirreled away to pay for the rest of my build. Used that to buy a .300rum off the hide. And i had a Premier 5-25x56 with genIIXR sitting in a safe. Could not sell until 100 posts though. So i started getting some history.

Before i got to 100, i came across someone wanting a the premier i had...and they had a NSX i was willing to drop down to cuz i needed the cash. Struck a deal trade + they gave me a little cash. (note - premier was lost by UPS!! was insured but tracer found it (where i dropped it off) and it is reportedly on the way) fingers cross here!!

Sold lots of reloading stuff and other odds and ends to get more cash. Used cash to buy AIC AX chassis
Sold stock, base, bottom metal off 300 i bought. Used that money + left overs to buy new BO base, Spuhr rings and an atlas bipod.

It all finally came in the mail today and i pieced it together

300rum worked on by Cryan (off the hide)
AIC AX LA chassis
NSX 5.5-22x56 npr2
Spuhr ring mount
BO 20moa base
atlas bipod

(bolt knob in future)

hope it shoots as good as it looks

and now the pics enjoy

DSC03959.jpg

DSC03966.jpg

DSC03963.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03962.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

Thanks for everyone's help on the board when it came to answering questions and buying my stuff, with out you this was not possilbe.

Best,
Joe

Re: My build is finally done!!! Quite the story too..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogonzalez13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So dd you lose the $2500? </div></div>

most likely

With bankruptcy the left over money from what gets sold off will be given to the claims. Banks, lawyers first, little people like me last....if anything is left...not likely.

Other people are out more than me though.

i just want to forget about it at this point, the new rifle will help with that.

Post some pics. when you make it to the range. Nice stick. Regards, Paul.

Nice looking stick. Nice that you have an optic, but it sounds like someone else is without! Goodluck on recovering your money on the bankruptcy thing, virtually never happens! A business can get away with owing all sorts of stuff, but a person is a different story!

Very nice rifle. As crummy as it is losing the $2500, shit happens, and stay focused on what you have in front you - a sweet ass rifle.

Now go out there and shoot that thing already!!!

Nice rig man. Have you contacted a lawyer? They can be worth their weight in gold, platinum, and palladium combined in these kind of situations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post some pics. when you make it to the range. Nice stick. Regards, Paul. </div></div>

I agree with Paul....Please post some pictures after you get to the range. Let us know how she performs.

Really sweet stick you have there!

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Senderofan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post some pics. when you make it to the range. Nice stick. Regards, Paul. </div></div>

I agree with Paul....Please post some pictures after you get to the range. Let us know how she performs.

Really sweet stick you have there!

Wayne </div></div>

NSX looks good on there, barely clears rail. Wont with honeycomb difuser though.

hopefully a brown truck will be dropping off a package on Monday as it is scheduled. At least it has tracking info now!!

Very nice. Good read, sorry to hear about the cash. I was taken once myself. I now buy all the parts and pay for the build only.

Wow what a story! Sorry to here about your luck, but look at it this way you learned something and still ended up with a great rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJ7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. Good read, sorry to hear about the cash. I was taken once myself. I now buy all the parts and pay for the build only. </div></div>

This is truth, great advice to anyone looking to build from scratch.

Sorry to hear about your original bum deal, and really appreciate you sharing your success story- your attitude is exemplary.

You should be quite happy if that rifle shoots anywhere near as good as it looks!

Yeah will be nice if she shoots good. Original owner says it was a very accurate rifle and hand loads made it a tac driver. I have high hopes for the accuracy.

some small things to do yet, alter the mag to accept 300rum, new bolt knob but thats about it.

Only closure i need now is for Wayne to get the Premier delivered safe and sound, and he is happy with it.

I have been feeling a lot better since the tracer found the package, but won't be completely at ease till it is safe in his hands.

ehhh UPS

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the read. That sucks about your $2,500.00

That is sick, I love the AX stock. Also, all the different colors, blued reciever, stainless barrel, black, and fde on the stock, make it look tough.

300 Rum is a lot of horse power, too. Great job on the build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy barrel, Batman! </div></div>

yeah....its a beast. This rig is definitely not a light weight. Hopefully the brake and the weight will help tame recoil.

But all that weight makes this thing feel solid as a rock, especially off the bipod.

Looks great! What muzzle brake you have on it? I like it.

Nice setup, looks great, hope it shoots even better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremiahjs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great! What muzzle brake you have on it? I like it. </div></div>

Guy who goes by the handle CRyan off the hide. His name is Chad.

Bought the rifle off him. he did the brake. He has some other rifles for sale in the classifides i think. Again it all looks good, lets hope it does its job.

Really sweat stick Congrats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubXerO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy barrel, Batman! </div></div>

yeah....its a beast. This rig is definitely not a light weight. Hopefully the brake and the weight will help tame recoil.

But all that weight makes this thing feel solid as a rock, especially off the bipod.

</div></div>

Any idea on weight? My 26" 7mm fluted M40 barreled rifle with McM A4 comes in at 18lb... Your barrel looks like a semi axleshaft!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubXerO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy barrel, Batman! </div></div>

</div></div>

Any idea on weight? My 26" 7mm fluted M40 barreled rifle with McM A4 comes in at 18lb... Your barrel looks like a semi axleshaft! </div></div>

haven't gotten it on a scale yet, but i estimate it in the 20lb range give or take. Can't wait to stretch the legs on this. I am in MD right now and shooting places are limited. was going to go out tomorrow, but it is a 1hr drive and rain tomorrow. I am visiting my old home in PA next weekend where there are lots of great ranges minutes away. Can't wait.

Great looking rifle, sorry to hear about the circumstances.

Wow that sucks about the cash lost... Hope it shoots good for you

nice build!

Might want to flip the foam so you are not carrying your rifle upside down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might want to flip the foam so you are not carrying your rifle upside down. </div></div>

interesting thought.

great job I really like that build!

Things are coming around. Wayne got the Premier and it is in good shape after UPS lost it and he is very pleased with it.

I am planning on doing some shooting this weekend and the weather is supposed to be nice.

Unfortunately right now i only have some factory hunting ammo to shoot out of this beast but it will have to do till next pay check when i can buy some brass and the dies then time for load development. Can't wait to try the hornady 225gr match HPBT's in this thing.
laugh.gif

Thats a Hell of an attitude OP... your a better man than me... I can't even imagine my reaction...

The build was taking years... didn't that seen a little odd?

Anyways... Helluva Rig you built there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhilaMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a Hell of an attitude OP... your a better man than me... I can't even imagine my reaction...

The build was taking years... didn't that seen a little odd?

Anyways... Helluva Rig you built there... </div></div>

Yeah i was feeling a lot of things when i found out. But i am in MD and they are in MO so aside from diving there for some old school justice there was not a lot for me to do. Stupid bankruptcy laws protect them from just about everything.

Yeah the build was taking long, i was so close to seeking legal action about 8 months before they filed but didn't and thats what i get for being a nice guy. Talked to him several times just said he was behind, they had moved the shop twice

ehhh just trying to put it behind me now just makes me upset to think about it in detail...

there are other people out more than i am to these scum bags

So had my first trip to the range with the new rig on saturday in Pennsylvania.

It was a little chilly but other than that a really nice day for shooting.

recoil was very mild with muzzle brake, on top of sheer weight of this rig. It is a real pleasure to shoot all around...trigger, stock ect...

So the .300 performed pretty good with the factory Remington hunting rounds i was able to buy at the local gun shop but expect it will be a real tac driver with some good old fashion handloads.

here is a pic of one 3 shot group, all my 3 shot groups looked very similar with 2 shots falling in dang near the same hole and one flying a little high. Once i feel this rifle out a little better and again, gonna start my reloads now, i think i should be able to bring that flier into the other two shots so they all touch giving me around .25 -.5 moa. More to come once i get a load worked up.

ignore placement on taget thats where i was aiming, 2 shots into lower left and one shot in upper right. Again this is how most of my 3 shots went so it should only get better.

100MEDIA_IMAG0370.jpg