• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Build or buy lower

JBattles

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 9, 2019
    Tennessee
    Looking for a new lower to put on a Seekins 223 complete upper. More of a dmr type build with Razor 3-18.

Any suggestions in quality complete lowers or better to build? Would buy a Seekins full lower if they sold them or maybe their lower and kit.

While I agree with @S197. The AR platforms are pretty plug and play. I've had many different uppers and lowers, as long as they are quality they usually don't have problems. Been using Aero gen 2 and M4E1 stripped lowers. When I go to shoot for groups or anything precision. The aero has a tension screw in the lower that you can adjust if you do have a little play and it will lock it up solid.

If it was a DMR build and I had money, I would build off of a stripped lower. Just for the adjustability. Get a nice drop in trigger like a TT or Timney, different buffer weights, stocks, pistol grips etc. However if seekins has was you seek and you like it, just go with that.

If you buy, you get what the manufacturer installed. Typical upgrade points are the grip, stock, and trigger. If you can find exactly what you want, just buy the complete lower. But, you can save a fair bit of coin by building if the alternative is buying a complete upper and then changing something out.

Appreciate the thoughts. That’s where my head is too… since I like higher end gear, best to build what you want

Reactions: JS8588
    Build it & get it right the 1st time, whether you buy a matched receiver set or just an individual lower.

I've never really had any real problems with mix & match lowers & uppers form reputable manufacturers.............lowers need to be in spec for all dimensions, other than that they are just a holder for the upper & the trigger, so far as performance goes.

All other things like stock, grip pr looks in personal preference.

MM