• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Build or Factory where to go next?

Mareshow

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Alright so I've tried a multitude of factory rifles, most that are just "ok" and considering a lot of them are north of 5k thats something I'm not happy with. So I'm thinking custom.

that said I'd like to hear some experiences and tips from those who have already gone that route.

Insite Arms is currently building a 338 Norma for me that's an impact/foundation based build. I'm wondering, do I build my 6.5 rig to be the same? So that they feel the same? or do I go different? I've always been a short throw bolt guy but basically everywhere I've read claims 2 lug is the way to go for smoothness/lightest throw.

I'd like to hear thoughts or experiences on falkor, defiance and impact if you have any? Same do you go Manners or Foundation? I will be using these guns for more than just competition and metal chassis I've found to be quite a negative during the winder months (-20C or colder)

There's not a lot of information on these out there and when you do find it its very spread out. I know these choices are quite personal but at the same time personal experience in this I find is invaluable.

If I'm missing something please let me know

I’m currently running an origin and it’s doing good. I had an impact before and it was extremely nice as well. I’m running a jae700b chassis currently and it is nice since there in no exposed metal that you are holding onto. They are a little heavier and harder to find until MDT releases the new generation later this year. Foundation does produce some nice stuff and it will not have the cold issue.

Reactions: Mareshow