• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Build RimX or Buy Vudoo

Defender32

Whiskey & Hammers Help
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 28, 2020
    West KY
    I am enjoying my Bergara B14R more than any rifle I own and I have a couple of Premier Bergara's. I would keep my B14R as a loaner for matches or backup. I was initially looking into the Vudoo when I found the Bergara. Now that I have gotten back into the Hyde from Years away ( Shooting as well ) I see the RemX being discussed as well as a couple of people I shoot with. This is a build I don't mind it taking me a complete year or longer to do as I would buy an action quick and have it in the safe ready to go. Thanks in advance.

1. Is there a Reason other than pre built to choose Vudoo over RemX?

2. Is it possible for me to build a RemX with a pre fit barrel and such at my house shop?
    I believe I have all the tools needed accept Go, No Go Gauges.

3. Is there a preferred company with better actions on the RemX Platform?

1. Pre built, tested as 1 functional unit, versus action + barrel + your time / tinkering. Vudoo is focused on SK/Lapua ammo, using a proprietary Vudoo reamer that has shown to work very well with Center-X. Prefit RimX barrel, your choice of smith and reamer, also means you have whatever variation of your smith's choosing (how good is your smith versus Vudoo's smith?)

2. If you buy a prefit barrel, yes you just torque it on. You can use Go/No Go gauges to check, but it's not going to do anything if it's out of spec. I don't think the bolt allows you to adjust headspace, and the barrel is just torqued on.

3. Better actions? I am guessing you mean better barrels. I have heard that Proof's prefits work the best out of the box in terms of working / feeding. Now I don't know what chamber they are using and if it's the most optimum for precision, but it's good enough for PRS/NRL. Keystone does a lot of barrels but the first batch had a lot of interesting chamber issues where feeding was a little problematic. I think a lot of people have learned how to do it right now so really any of those big companies should be able to do it right.

4. There is also the option if you want to mess with stuff, just order an Ultimatum Deuce, and muck with that.

I have had both and prefer the RimX. The Vudoo is very rough out of the box but after a few thousand rounds it smooths out. I know a few people have had feeding issues with the RimX but from what I have seem it is all mag heigh/fitment related. One guy I know has a bravo chassis and had feeding issues but the cause was that there was too much slop in the mag fitment. After he put in a small piece of felt to remove the slop the feed issues went away.

1. Pre built, tested as 1 functional unit, versus action + barrel + your time / tinkering. Vudoo is focused on SK/Lapua ammo, using a proprietary Vudoo reamer that has shown to work very well with Center-X. Prefit RimX barrel, your choice of smith and reamer, also means you have whatever variation of your smith's choosing (how good is your smith versus Vudoo's smith?)

2. If you buy a prefit barrel, yes you just torque it on. You can use Go/No Go gauges to check, but it's not going to do anything if it's out of spec. I don't think the bolt allows you to adjust headspace, and the barrel is just torqued on.

3. Better actions? I am guessing you mean better barrels. I have heard that Proof's prefits work the best out of the box in terms of working / feeding. Now I don't know what chamber they are using and if it's the most optimum for precision, but it's good enough for PRS/NRL. Keystone does a lot of barrels but the first batch had a lot of interesting chamber issues where feeding was a little problematic. I think a lot of people have learned how to do it right now so really any of those big companies should be able to do it right.

4. There is also the option if you want to mess with stuff, just order an Ultimatum Deuce, and muck with that.

1. Agreed it would be my time or pre paying for someone else's time to have one ready to go. I don't mind the time and the learning process.

2. I was thinking pre fit barrel and just torque it on.

3. Action I wasn't aware of anyone else making a RemX other than Zermatt, but didn't know if there was another 700 based rimfire action equivalent. I was looking at a proof barrel to go in one if I went that rout. I like the CF look.

1. Agreed it would be my time or pre paying for someone else's time to have one ready to go. I don't mind the time and the learning process.

2. I was thinking pre fit barrel and just torque it on.

3. Action I wasn't aware of anyone else making a RemX other than Zermatt, but didn't know if there was another 700 based rimfire action equivalent. I was looking at a proof barrel to go in one if I went that rout. I like the CF look.

3. Ah, it's a RimX, which is just a product line from Zermatt like Origin and TL3, it's based off of those. In terms of other Rem 700 based actions there's

Vudoo V22
    Zermatt RimX
    Ultimatum Deuce
    Bergara B14R
    Curtis Valor (w/ 22 conversion kit)

I have two Vudoos. I could do with one but mine are spec'd out a little differently as to barrel profile, length and scope base. One is also the Hybrid breech and the other is early manufacture with some updates made by Vudoo.
    I have had them in different stocks/chassis and none of my 8 mags have given me an iota of feeding issues.
    Notice I said eight mags; that is a total of $200 for all of them. I will point out that Rim-X mags are $125 EACH.
    I don't think I'll ever wear out a barrel on either and, should I desire, can find a gunsmith to install a new barrel.

Reactions: Defender32
    Vudoo for me, I have 3. RimX action is good, I don’t want a diy project and vudoo customer service is off the chats good.

Vudoo customer service is second to none. I have one and I'm glad I spent the money. Buy one, you'll not be disappointed

I don't get why everyone is calling a RimX a DIY project??
    To be clear, I like the RimX action. I just think with all the possible feeding/extraction issues a rimfire is less conducive to prefit barrels, etc. I like the idea of someone that assembled the entire system, Test fired, etc. For those that have assembled a RimX and have it running good, that is awesome and you no doubt have a great set-up. I just didn’t want to take the chance.

To be clear, I like the RimX action. I just think with all the possible feeding/extraction issues a rimfire is less conducive to prefit barrels, etc. I like the idea of someone that assembled the entire system, Test fired, etc. For those that have assembled a RimX and have it running good, that is awesome and you no doubt have a great set-up. I just didn’t want to take the chance.

Fair enough, but I have had a total of 5 with zero issues out of them, I kept 2 once I found the barrel combo I liked. If you get a Proof or Keystone barrel there will be no issues. The Vudoo I had fed terrible, it scraped bullets all the time and caused me to drop several points in a few matches which is what led me to the RimX. With that said go with your gut but don't let a few bad instances with the RimX push you away. I would honestly recommend that you try or at least handle both before you decide, if you can.

I had a first gen Vudoo- loved it. Sent it back to them several times. My buddy just bought a gen 2 - sent it back after one session with feeding issues. You are always "taking a chance". Don't get me wrong- Vudoo makes everything right- so does Zermatt.

Reactions: Adam B
    Honestly, don't think there's any difference between the two, the price is the same. Both manufacturers will get things right. Though if you buy from Keystone and buy from Zermatt to put together your rifle, do you send your whole assembled BA to Zermatt for them to fix, or you have to call between 2 mfgs to help get it right? There are many posts with people on the Keystone group buy who then had to come back and figure out how to chamfer their barrel, or they could have a process where they can send their barrel back to keystone and have them chamfer it and then etc. Or they could try to call zermatt to have them figure out how to adjust the mag/feed.

So while both mfg's and companies involved are very good at helping solve the problem, for me at least it's nice to have 1 place to just deal with it. I buy the assembled piece from Vudoo and then if it has problems I send it to them.

For me, I bought a Terminus Zeus, and then I bought a prefit. I have had issues, and both my barrel company, and Terminus have been super helpful. I've sent both actions and barrels back to the mfg for them to look at and see what is wrong, and ultimately I end up with 2 'fixed' pieces that I'm back assembling again and hoping that they just work. One company will say, well the action is finicky, the action company will say the barrel isn't headspaced correctly, etc. Eventually the mfgs kept trying to take care of me, but man it'd been awesome if I could send the whole BA to one place, and they put some ammo, shoot it, and go oh yeh this is what's wrong and fix it.

So even if you do buy a RimX, it'd be nice if you find a smith that sells you a RimX w/ Barrel, so if something is wrong, you go to 1 place and have it dealt with. I'll probably be doing that next time with my next custom action.

Fair enough, but I have had a total of 5 with zero issues out of them, I kept 2 once I found the barrel combo I liked. If you get a Proof or Keystone barrel there will be no issues. The Vudoo I had fed terrible, it scraped bullets all the time and caused me to drop several points in a few matches which is what led me to the RimX. With that said go with your gut but don't let a few bad instances with the RimX push you away. I would honestly recommend that you try or at least handle both before you decide, if you can.
    I have a shooting acquaintance that is building a RimX now. It should be delivered to him from the smith any day. I know I’ll be able to shoot it. It’s going in a Manners Stock. I don’t know anyone with a Vudoo well enough to let me shoot it. The rough cost in the Vudoo Ravage & RimX is CLOSE. I would want the Grayboe Ridgeback stock either way. I’m starting to think I’d be better off going the Vudoo rout when I ready to scratch that itch.

Honestly, don't think there's any difference between the two, the price is the same. Both manufacturers will get things right. Though if you buy from Keystone and buy from Zermatt to put together your rifle, do you send your whole assembled BA to Zermatt for them to fix, or you have to call between 2 mfgs to help get it right? There are many posts with people on the Keystone group buy who then had to come back and figure out how to chamfer their barrel, or they could have a process where they can send their barrel back to keystone and have them chamfer it and then etc. Or they could try to call zermatt to have them figure out how to adjust the mag/feed.

So while both mfg's and companies involved are very good at helping solve the problem, for me at least it's nice to have 1 place to just deal with it. I buy the assembled piece from Vudoo and then if it has problems I send it to them.

For me, I bought a Terminus Zeus, and then I bought a prefit. I have had issues, and both my barrel company, and Terminus have been super helpful. I've sent both actions and barrels back to the mfg for them to look at and see what is wrong, and ultimately I end up with 2 'fixed' pieces that I'm back assembling again and hoping that they just work. One company will say, well the action is finicky, the action company will say the barrel isn't headspaced correctly, etc. Eventually the mfgs kept trying to take care of me, but man it'd been awesome if I could send the whole BA to one place, and they put some ammo, shoot it, and go oh yeh this is what's wrong and fix it.

So even if you do buy a RimX, it'd be nice if you find a smith that sells you a RimX w/ Barrel, so if something is wrong, you go to 1 place and have it dealt with. I'll probably be doing that next time with my next custom action.
    Everything you have brought up about Barrel & Action has been in my mind of who would decide who’s parts were wrong and who was going to fix it. This is the part that makes me lean to the Vudoo as a all in one company to deal with. This is also what lead me to buy a complete Bergara over a barreled action and fight the Mag issues I knew would be there.

I personally highly recommend the Vudoo over the RimX. I feel the RimX is a few ingenious solutions that are looking for a problem, which results in creating problems of their own. There are way too many people having the same issues (fire control, feeding, & ejecting problems) with the RimX for it to be anything but a design problem. Yes they are all solvable, and I eventually got mine to be 100% but out of the 4 V-22s I have personally owned, the one my father has, the one my brother has, & so many that I don’t even think I can easily count up friends of mine have none of which have had any problems. Not only that mine have been in many different chassis or stocks, used about every trigger out there, and tens of magazines from the very earliest production to the most recent and no issues. You simply can’t say that about the Zermatt RimX, end of story...

I personally highly recommend the Vudoo over the RimX. I feel the RimX is a few ingenious solutions that are looking for a problem, which results in creating problems of their own. There are way too many people having the same issues (fire control, feeding, & ejecting problems) with the RimX for it to be anything but a design problem. Yes they are all solvable, and I eventually got mine to be 100% but out of the 4 V-22s I have personally owned, the one my father has, the one my brother has, & so many that I don’t even think I can easily count up friends of mine have none of which have had any problems. Not only that mine have been in many different chassis or stocks, used about every trigger out there, and tens of magazines from the very earliest production to the most recent and no issues. You simply can’t say that about the Zermatt RimX, end of story...
    Thank you. So if I ordered a lowers priced Vudoo and swapped into the Ridgeback I have it should run without problems or better to buy a Ravage with Ridgeback already installed? I was thinking about dumping a 308 to fund one sooner than later. The 308 I might need to hold onto with all the BS going on in the world right now but that’s another discussion for a better bottle of bourbon!!!!

Patiently waiting for my RimX action. Been around guys shooting vudoo since I got into this 2 years ago but don't interest me.

Thank you. So if I ordered a lowers priced Vudoo and swapped into the Ridgeback I have it should run without problems or better to buy a Ravage with Ridgeback already installed? I was thinking about dumping a 308 to fund one sooner than later. The 308 I might need to hold onto with all the BS going on in the world right now but that’s another discussion for a better bottle of bourbon!!!!
    I have never used the ridgeback, but seeing how that is a Vudoo factory option I don’t see how either way you go would be an issue with the only variable being what bottom metal you choose. But again I have been through a lot of combinations without issue. As far as a “budget” build but sacrificing nothing in functionality or accuracy potential I think you can not beat buying a V-22 barreled action in your barrel choice and installing it into a KRG Bravo chassis. I have owned several high end chassis (AI’s, MPA’s, Whiskey 3’s, the very top level Manners Gen2 mini chassis elite shell folder etc...) and honestly I prefer the Bravo over all of them. The backbone is the same as the Whiskey 3 so the bedding is excellent (and yes I have checked the 2 sitting in my safe right now for stress, which they don't have -they seem very relaxed ;)) and with the addition of a weighted butt spacer, adjustable butt assembly, and the minimalist spigot you can’t touch them for what just over $500.00... The only thing that IMO could be improved on with the Bravo is a cheek piece that adjusts side to side.

But this is just my opinion, you may not agree but that is ok b/c lately the Bravo is selling like crack on the used market with a very strong re-sale value.

I think it's fair to say there is enough evidence out there that with quality components and a knowledgeable gunsmith either RimX or Vudoo built rifles can be made to shoot exceptionally well. The biggest weaknesses are whether the buyer will use quality ammo and have the skills needed to allow the rifles to show their true potential. Skimping on either will affect performance overall.

Reactions: BIRDHUNTER
    I think it's fair to say there is enough evidence out there that with quality components and a knowledgeable gunsmith either RimX or Vudoo built rifles can be made to shoot exceptionally well. The biggest weaknesses are whether the buyer will use quality ammo and have the skills needed to allow the rifles to show their true potential. Skimping on either will affect performance overall.

I can agree with this. You can buy the best but it won't win for you. You have to be as capable as it is to show its true potential. Here is how my Bergara is shooting as of yesterday.
    tempImageNc7IAZ.png
    tempImageXbf4t6.png

The price difference between a lower priced and a Ridgeback stocked rifle is about $150. Would be stupid to order the least expensive and then go and buy a Ridgeback and replace the stock later. Just buy the Ridgeback if that is what you want in the end anyways.

Buying a barreled action and saving some more would be a better route but also doesn't allow shooting while waiting unless you have another 700 footprint stock/chassis on hand to use.

The price difference between a lower priced and a Ridgeback stocked rifle is about $150. Would be stupid to order the least expensive and then go and buy a Ridgeback and replace the stock later. Just buy the Ridgeback if that is what you want in the end anyways.

Buying a barreled action and saving some more would be a better route but also doesn't allow shooting while waiting unless you have another 700 footprint stock/chassis on hand to use.

I have a Ridgeback stock that a 308 is setting in and hasn't been fired in years. I have the option to remove that stock. Since I would still need a stock for that rifle as well. This is for possibly of ordering in a KRG Bravo and placing that rifle in that stock as it will be kicked to a spare hunting rifle only. I don't know what the price difference would be between the 2. If it's just 1-2 hundred I would stick with the Ridgeback. More difference it would be a tossup. A couple of hundred could buy spare magazines as well. I would also have the ability to buy mags while I waited for the build as I'm sure its 3-6 months out.

Unless you want something special you can find Vudoo barreled actions in stock in a few places.

And if you don't use the .308 then pop it out and use that stock.

Unless you want something special you can find Vudoo barreled actions in stock in a few places.

And if you don't use the .308 then pop it out and use that stock.

Please send me a link to where one is.

If I see one I will but go take a look for yourself. Places like Mile High, Altus and others usually stock them. The inventory is always in flux though as with anything custom.

I have no dog in the Rimx vs Vudoo comparison but from what I have read and heard I would never buy a RimX, period.

If you are really happy with your B-14R you could do like I did and send it to Mark Penrod for a rebarrel. My PB-14R "as I call it" is the most consistent rifle I have. It is also on par with smooth feeding like my Anschutz's are. This B-14R is has perfect feeding and ejection. If you have questions just ask. It really didn't shine until I put the tuner on.
    PB-14R 1-10-21.jpg

I shot this target yesterday. Brought it out and started shooting from a cold bore. No first round flyers.
    PB-14R RWS R-50sc 1-10-21 .310 and .365 Tuner 75 and 100.jpg
    PB-14R all SK ammo Avg is .303 Tuner 75 12-01-20.jpg
    PB-14R RWS & FED GM Match AVG is .314  Tuner 75 12-01-20.jpg

Please send me a link to where one is.
    If I see one I will but go take a look for yourself. Places like Mile High, Altus and others usually stock them. The inventory is always in flux though as with anything custom.
    Mile High & Altus are both out of stock on Vudoo at this time. IIRC, I saw in thread that Vudoo is in the middle of a total move of their manufacturing facility right now so it may be just a bit before they get stocked back up again.
    Watching the PX here (filter by rimfire) you may find a very nice used BA here. That is where my first one came from.
    Check out post 1,162 in this thread:

Rimfires aren't "plug and play" like centerfire rifles. There's a lot of nuances to rimfires. Unfortunately this means that you can't just buy a rimfire action, a prefit barrel, and screw them together hoping everything works 100%.

There's a few threads about the Rim-X on here that are a testament to that. People are finding out how nuanced rimfires are, and it's a frustrating lesson. Even gunsmiths that focus mostly on centerfires can have a hard time putting together a properly functioning rimfire if they don't understand the nuances to them.

I don't own either, but Vudoo sells a system that works from the shop. The Rim-X will most likely require a gunsmith that knows what they are doing in regards with rimfires to guarantee success.

I say you get either a Vudoo, or get a competent gunsmith that really understands rimfires to put the Rim-X together. The DIY route is asking for frustration.

I say you get either a Vudoo, or get a competent gunsmith that really understands rimfires to put the Rim-X together.

That is why I chose to go with a Vudoo because I would have to spend more for a TS Customs built Rim-X. I am not bashing TS Customs....the guy has to be paid for his time and does high quality work from the people I have talked to. But I don't think I would have been gaining anything performance wise and now have more money for ammo and glass.

That is why I chose to go with a Vudoo because I would have to spend more for a TS Customs built Rim-X. I am not bashing TS Customs....the guy has to be paid for his time and does high quality work from the people I have talked to. But I don't think I would have been gaining anything performance wise and now have more money for ammo and glass.
    In the world of High end rimfires each .1's you take off group size cost $$$. TS Customs Rim-X can't be compared to Vudoo directly as one is a manufacturer and the other a single gunsmith. I have 2 Vudoo rifles and both are great! I have a Rim-X build in progress with TS Customs. The two are not the same, one is a 100% custom build the others are factory optioned built. Yes, TS Customs will cost you more, but I'll wager most people on here do not know how much detail is put into TS Custom's build. I'd hate to see how much time and development went into the builds of either place. That you cannot put a price on.

If you order a Vudoo it is a custom build. It uses a custom action and custom barrel and fitted into the stock of choice. Just because Vudoo makes their own rifles does not make them not a custom build. They will build you a rifle exactly how you want it on their action that they designed.

I have had both and prefer the RimX.

Definitely interested to hear the views of those who have experience with both and prefer one over the other.

Before I bought my Vudoo recently, the main alternatives I checked out in the higher cost range were Anschutz and RimX. Read a lot of threads on here about new RimX users and saw a lot of DIY, mix-and-match, and sometimes just takes some tinkering to get things working consistently. Not that this is bad, it's just essentially a different philosophy, giving you the ability to customize to a greater degree, and "some assembly required" versus a finished rifle like Vudoo. In the end when you get past that difference and have a complete RimX up and running, seems like both rifles are incredibly well made and extreme precision .22lr platforms. Great to have options!

The reason I went with Vudoo, in addition to a longer established reputation (I get a little gun-shy :p about newer rifle platforms--been burned a few too many times), is I wanted to get a complete, debugged, tuned rifle that had no reliability and feeding issues, was dialed in and ready to shoot. Didn't want to have to mess with choosing or fitting barrels, issues with stock or magazines not fitting, etc. Sometimes .22lr can be notoriously finicky and unreliable, at least in other firearms I've owned, and I didn't want to deal with that here in a fairly expensive custom .22. Just wanted it to work, and shoot like a laser, and in that respect the Vudoo has been the best option for me.

One other thing I noted about Vudoo--have no idea how RimX compares--but Vudoo has been really good about service. They talked with me twice, chatting for 10-15 minutes on the phone with pretty detailed pre-sales questions. Then Gregg chatted with me in one follow-up call with some ammo-related Q's after I got the rifle. Found them to have top-notch service, and just friendly, great folks to deal with.

If you are really happy with your B-14R you could do like I did and send it to Mark Penrod for a rebarrel. My PB-14R "as I call it" is the most consistent rifle I have. It is also on par with smooth feeding like my Anschutz's are. This B-14R is has perfect feeding and ejection. If you have questions just ask. It really didn't shine until I put the tuner on.
    View attachment 7525663

I shot this target yesterday. Brought it out and started shooting from a cold bore. No first round flyers.
    View attachment 7525664View attachment 7525665View attachment 7525666
    I wasn’t even thinking about a re barrel being an option. My rifle does shoot good I know a VuDoo will out shoot it at a farther distance. It will be more consistent. I have the option of being able to buy Bergara at dealer cost, so a re barrel would be less than a Vudoo and probably get a Ridgeback stock fitted as well. Then be able to keep the barrel as a spare for my existing rifle. Here is how it was shooting today.
    6DC0EF5F-7156-4A5F-8AE7-2A7F298B9011.jpeg

Last edited:
    Looks like the Bergara is shooting super, I'd definitely hang on to that one whatever you do ;)

Looks like the Bergara is shooting super, I'd definitely hang on to that one whatever you do ;)
    I will agree it shoots good. I have a couple of other things to do to see if I can make it shoot GREAT!!! First pick was Sunday. Re zero after cerakote job. The second was after work Monday. I shot the remaining 25 rounds from the same boxes the day before. I can't remember if I cleaned all the bedding blocks before re assemble from cerakote shop or not. Then I'm going to play with action torque. These were at 55 in lb. All were shot at 50 Yards.
    tempImageMuyTlA.png
    tempImageZ1G4Qt.png

I’ll chime in here. As an NRL22 competitor I see a handful of new shooters at each match with these rifles. Or some guys from last year who have upgraded to a Vudoo or RimX for this year. Each match I see both rifles having issues. The biggest issue I see over and over again is the Vudoo’s feeding issues. Every stage you hear or see someone talking about it. But the same stands true with RimX, I just don’t hear the same issue over and over, but it’s always a feeding or ejection issue.

Personally I went with a Vudoo and after shooting a RimX recently, I think I will buy one to run a few matches to feel it out. I have never had a single issue with my Vudoo and the only down side I can think of is the bolt is a little rough. But as others have said, this should go away as I get more rounds on it and the action is broken in.

I’ll chime in here. As an NRL22 competitor I see a handful of new shooters at each match with these rifles. Or some guys from last year who have upgraded to a Vudoo or RimX for this year. Each match I see both rifles having issues. The biggest issue I see over and over again is the Vudoo’s feeding issues. Every stage you hear or see someone talking about it. But the same stands true with RimX, I just don’t hear the same issue over and over, but it’s always a feeding or ejection issue.

Personally I went with a Vudoo and after shooting a RimX recently, I think I will buy one to run a few matches to feel it out. I have never had a single issue with my Vudoo and the only down side I can think of is the bolt is a little rough. But as others have said, this should go away as I get more rounds on it and the action is broken in.
    I often wonder when I hear of malfunctions during competition about how much should be attributed to a mechanical issue vs operator error. Seems like I watch a fairly high percentage of quality bolt rifles run flawlessly - until put into the "stress" of competition. Then suddenly all sorts of issues pop up. Just a thought...

Thanks. So you think the RimX has less feeding/ Extraction issues? The only instances where I have typically read about the issue is with some different ammo other than match being used. I know I have experienced it with CCI in my Bergara. I have not had any issues with SK or Lapua during a match unless I short stroked the round moving positions. I'll be the first to tell you I am 100% GREEN to the NRL and different positional shooting situations. I have always been a backyard plinker and hunter. I am thoroughly enjoying the NRL22 matches. It has brought lots of joy to me joining this community and a different side of the shooting industry.

I am starting to lean more to the Vudoo than a RimX build as if I have an issue I have 1 place to deal with instead of 2 or 3 different places.

Thanks. So you think the RimX has less feeding/ Extraction issues? The only instances where I have typically read about the issue is with some different ammo other than match being used. I know I have experienced it with CCI in my Bergara. I have not had any issues with SK or Lapua during a match unless I short stroked the round moving positions. I'll be the first to tell you I am 100% GREEN to the NRL and different positional shooting situations. I have always been a backyard plinker and hunter. I am thoroughly enjoying the NRL22 matches. It has brought lots of joy to me joining this community and a different side of the shooting industry.

I am starting to lean more to the Vudoo than a RimX build as if I have an issue I have 1 place to deal with instead of 2 or 3 different places.

I’m only speaking to what I see / hear at my matches. Like I said, I own a Vudoo and have had zero issues. Reading all the threads on the hide, there seems to be people reporting more issues with RimX that Vudoo. IMO, unless you want to go they multiple barrels and ammo to find what works, go with a Vudoo. It’s runs right out of the box with minimal effort.

A successful custom rifle build depends on the gunsmith. Great gunsmith with a clue to what it takes to build a great rimfire is key to success. Some shit for brains smith....... probably gonna have problems.
    Every Voodoo I've seen has had feeding issues and failures to fire in cold weather.

Blaming the manufacturer of a custom action for all your custom "smithed" rifle feeding problems is stupid. Pick a known successful rimfire smith, that understands a repeating action and have some fun.

Read moderator Padoms thread about his RimX with 6 or 7 barrels, Primal Rights has it working also. Pay attention to chambers, chassis, trigger sear height, and magazine fitment.
    Quality ammunition does not hurt either. Good Luck

Last edited:
    A successful custom rifle build depends on the gunsmith. Great gunsmith with a clue to what it takes to build a great rimfire is key to success. Some shit for brains smith....... probably gonna have problems.
    Every Voodoo I've seen has had feeding issues and failures to fire in cold weather.

Blaming the manufacturer of a custom action for all your custom "smithed" rifle feeding problems is stupid. Pick a known successful rimfire smith, that understands a repeating action and have some fun.

Read moderator Padoms thread about his RimX with 6 or 7 barrels, Primal Rights has it working also. Pay attention to chambers, chassis, trigger sear height, and magazine fitment.
    I understand what you're saying. With the right person it will all function as it should. You get out of it what you are willing to put into it.

I will look his thread up.

Reactions: Criver600

Really? Every one? How many?