• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Build your own custom ammo website

rickp

Sergeant
Minuteman
A buddy found this site and I though it was interesting.

You can build your own custom ammo by picking the bullet, brass, powder, powder weight, primer and even specifying OAL. Anyone ever use these guys?

For those that have been reloading for while, how does not controlling head space, primer pocket/flash hole uniformity affect overall performance as compared to off the shelf match ammo.

I know most address these things when reloading, so what happens when one doesn't? Is one better off getting ammo this way?

I'm just learning about reloading for accuracy so to me it looked pretty interesting.

Custom Ammo

Re: Build your own custom ammo website

i think i'll make my own thanks then i know what i'm shooting

Re: Build your own custom ammo website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

For those that have been reloading for while, how does not controlling head space, primer pocket/flash hole uniformity affect overall performance as compared to off the shelf match ammo.
</div></div>

head space will probably have more to do with brass life and reliable chambering than with accuracy. as far as primer pocket & flash hole uniformity, those are two things I personally dont worry about. it depends on your level of "anal-ness" I suppose and is probably more of a bench rest thing... along the lines of weighing each individual bullet and/or case and then sorting them accordingly. regarding factory ammo, you get what you get in regards to their headspacing, so there is no "customizing" of that anyways. and i'm not too sure any of the factory ammo makers go as far as de-burring their flash holes but I could be wrong...