• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building a new rifle?

tacshooter223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Destin, FL
i was looking to build the best longer range rifle possible for a price of under 2000 with glass. thanks in advance!

Re: Building a new rifle?

First of all, I am not the most avid poster on here but I will tell you right now that, you need to fill your profile out first. Also, for these guys to give you any advice on your long range rifle you want, you need to give them some more info. What are you planning on doing with it? Target, Hunting, competition? A little more info will go a long way. Good Luck!

ok thanks as you have porbably noticed i have not done a whole lot with this site but the people on here seem like the right people to ask about anything.. i will most likely just be target shooting with this rifle 6.5 or 308 would be preferable unless some one will change my mind i have a savage 12flv now i am waiting on a new stock for that now.

Thanks for what? I must be missing something.

Figure out what you're gonna do with it (targets or hunting?), what distance do you want it to perform that task out to, select an appropriate chambering, go purchase a Savchesterington chambered for that cartridge along with capable optics, and then shoot the shit out of it at those distances.

If you aren't sure about any of these things, read up on the subjects that are fuzzy for you in books (no, they're not obsolete), magazines, and articles published all over the internet by reputable sources.

Then, maybe, other people will know how to help you.