• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing building a r700 tactical

wordisbawn2008

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2009
eastern wash
i bought a remington 700 sps tactical, have a bell n carlson a5 stock and a nightforce nxs f1 en route...trying to put something together to out shoot my brother. was hoping one you guys could give me a couple of gunsmithing modification tips to help get my rifle to its deadliest....

Re: building a deadly r700 tactical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does "deadliest" mean? </div></div>

Even more deader than dead.

I guess "building" is the new black.

Ammo and the ability to use it.

Short on beer and out of popcorn, had to make it quick.

To get your rifle the deadliest, put ammunition in it. First make sure to read all safety information included with your firearm.

Man am I glad I don't ask questions...

Next time I think of asking something, I'll be sure to use the proper language.

This is good to watch though.

sometimes they have issues with feeding. Cycle the bolt and then take a flashlight and look down the barrel to see if a round is in the chamber.

Quote:
was hoping one you guys could give me a couple of gunsmithing modification tips to help get my rifle to its deadliest....wtf

Your message should have read......
My brother is kicking my ass shooting. What can I do to level the playing field or outshoot him.

You cant get much deader than dead.

Search the forums, thats where your answer lies grasshopper.

I thought about my previous advise and realized you may be contemplating the feeding issues. I recant. Take it to a gunsmith and ask him if he can check if it is loaded using the same method I suggested.

First, you have to paint the rifle. It is, like, so 10 years ago, to get killed by a non-camo'd rifle.

Then, you find a "sniper" tshirt online. Buy it.

Third, wearing the shirt, run from the couch to the fridge and back. Do this twice, or you'll never be a true sniper.

Finally, shoot Dr Pepper cans with tiny plastic pellets.

Deadly.

Mr. Pink,

Good thing you considered your audience and suggested he take it to someone qualified to perform the standardized inspection procedure. Far be it from me to police posts, but this inspection procedure does require training and experience. More than one soul has discovered, through inexperience, the level of deadliness their rifle had attained after all that building they did.

Any of the heavier bullets loaded over a compressed charge of Bullseye or Red Dot will make the rifle very deadly......

Why I gotta be Mr. Pink?

4158DMAZ4WL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why I gotta be Mr. Pink?

4158DMAZ4WL_SL500_AA240_.jpg
</div></div>

"Cause you're a faggot, alright?"

"At least you ain't Mr. Brown. Sounds like Mr. Shit"

"Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow"

CKA...rofl...but seriously don't encourage him. I'm getting a bourbon and some beef jerky. My food combo is way deadlier than yours.

Okay...I'll answer your question and I think the others will also agree.........Practice shooting until you start wearing out barrels and then practice more, and more, and more.
Develop hand loads that produce the most consistant groups. Practice various distances. If shooting extended ranges, you will have to pay attention to the wind. There are some shooting camps / schools you can enroll in and get some good training for what you are trying to learn....Any question you have can most likely be found at this site by doing a search into the database.. Practice, practice, practice.....A good shooter that handloads and practices alot with a decent hunting rifle can whip a guy who has a $10,000 dollar uber sniper rifle and pulls it out to show it off and shoots three times a year at 300 yards..Practice,,,,Did I mention practice??? Out practice your brother and then you will outshoot him...Smokerolls

I'm eatin beans and cabbage cuz it's deadlier!
not pussy jerky

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Practice, practice, practice..... </div></div>

+10000000

so i need a sniper t shirt, some popcorn, beer, ammunition, jerky n cabbage (for extra deadliness) and practice....im ready

Watch Future Weapons! and try to talk like that guy, it should do the trick!

Dont forget to watch the movie SNIPER with Berenger and SHOOTER with Marky... this will also help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of the heavier bullets loaded over a compressed charge of Bullseye or Red Dot will make the rifle very deadly...... </div></div>

Montana Marine, that is so one shot one kill that nothing touches it.

I however would not have dared to give such advice.

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superior2dondro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i need a sniper t shirt, some popcorn, beer, ammunition, jerky n cabbage (for extra deadliness) and practice....im ready </div></div>

Not exactly, the popcorn and beer was for everyone but you. But after you practice and meet your goal, you might one day have some beer and popcorn passed your way. Good sport though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superior2dondro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..trying to put something together to shoot my brother.</div></div>

OK, so I am a little tired, because with the title THIS is how I read the OP's post.

To the OP. You came at this in the TOTALLY wrong way. You came to a place Titled: "Sniper's Hide, For the Serious Tactical Marksman" and asked how to make a rifle deadlier without any indication of WHAT you are shooting or WHY your rifle is not deadly enough as-is. These kind of threads make gun-grabbers salivate.

So what you planning on killing and why won't a stock SPS kill it dead enough?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These kind of threads make gun-grabbers salivate.</div></div>

+1

Dont forget sabotage, you can screw with your brothers rifle by loosening the action screws and giving his scope some extra adjustments....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of the heavier bullets loaded over a compressed charge of Bullseye or Red Dot will make the rifle very deadly...... </div></div>

I couldn't have hit the submit button with fear an idiot will try this. One shoot one kill... Git er done.

Here is the best tip you will ever receive. Put all of your shit in a box. Pack and label it properly. Send it to GAP and have the magic done by real honest to God professionals who know what they are doing. George can make your rifle shoot less than minute of duck. George builds rifles for Chuck Norris and Stevie Wonder. They shoot equally as well!

<span style="color: #3333FF">GAP rifles can shoot Wolf ammo into .25 MOA groups at 1000 yards with a qualified operator on the trigger. </span>

Real operators, playas, and pimps have used the the legendary service at gap more than once. Wannabes, cry babies, mall ninjas and those wish they could still dream of the day when they can for the first time.

This post is in no way a negative statement towards the many true professional gun smiths on this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdinsd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the best tip you will ever receive. Put all of your shit in a box. Pack and label it properly. Send it to GAP and have the magic done by real honest to God professionals who know what they are doing. George can make your rifle shoot less than minute of duck. George builds rifles for Chuck Norris and Stevie Wonder. They shoot equally as well!

<span style="color: #3333FF">GAP rifles can shoot Wolf ammo into .25 MOA groups at 1000 yards with a qualified operator on the trigger. </span>

Real operators, playas, and pimps have used the the legendary service at gap more than once. Wannabes, cry babies, mall ninjas and those wish they could still dream of the day when they can for the first time.

This post is in no way a negative statement towards the many true professional gun smiths on this site. </div></div>

LMAO, and Stevie Wonder does not even need a scope....

Maybe BORS Radar.....

Boy, you guys are ruthless
whistle.gif

I thought for a minute I was on AR15.com
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickcis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boy, you guys are ruthless
whistle.gif

I thought for a minute I was on AR15.com
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Wait, is this the wrong place? I thought this WAS ar15.com
grin.gif

It's all about the love........Can you feal it in the air?...TTHHHWWWAAACKK......Nope it's a bullet...just kidding...SmokeRolls

Aw c'mon now, I wasn't really trying to coddle him, honest. I was just trying to give some hints in a polite way, hoping that might make it stick. I'm really not that nice, I just try to look that way.

Re: building a r700 tactical

couple of you fellas seem a little tightly wound...should maybe ditch the ghillie suits for a night n try to get laid or something...most of you guys were pretty entertaining though....especially the beans n cabbage guy, deadliest!

This is just too funny... What range does Stevie Wonder shoot at???
I just called...To say...I shot you...
I just called...To get you some care...
I just called...To say...I shaahaaah-ot you...

And Chuck Norris... I know he is a firearm advocate... but really he his the toughest man alive...
Chuck Norris once gave an asskicking 101 class...There were no survivors...
Chuck Norris was once bitten in the leg by a king cobra...After a week of agonizing pain the cobra finally died...
Chuck Norris is the only man alive that can slam a revolving door...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superior2dondro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">couple of you fellas seem a little tightly wound...should maybe ditch the ghillie suits for a night n try to get laid or something...most of you guys were pretty entertaining though....especially the beans n cabbage guy, deadliest! </div></div>

Oookaaay, I tried to help you out a little bit. But you are now officially on your own. Best of luck to you and your tactifool brother, Snack-Sniper.

superior2dondro- Delete your post and restate your needs. If not you will be branded a ? Good Luck

if you take and weld the muzzle end shut that should be plenty deadly oh I forgot grind off the locking lugs they are just dead weight and with them gone your reloads will be faster