• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building a spec rifle, what caliber would you want?

Building a spec rifle, what caliber would you want?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob L Swagger

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2010
Base of the Appalachians
I am thinking of building a spec rifle and have all parts on hand. It will be based off a new, un-fired and fully trued Remington 700 short action. I would like to get an idea what caliber you would want if you were to buy a custom rifle now..

Thanks for the input!

I would say 6.5 saum but so I voted for 260 since they are not too hard to tune, can make brass from 243,308, or 7-08, feed reliably

i voted other, I would like to build a 223 wylde with mtu contour barrel and T4a with mini chassis .This would serve as my red fox lamping rifle and also for shorter range steel and vermin shooting during the day.223 wylde as I can pick up 556 for steel plinking and cost f all

Wish I had voted other now,,,but I voted 260.The 6dasher would be my vote if I had voted other.

When you say "I am thinking of building a spec rifle", I dont know what that means?

Your collection is pretty nice as is. Nothing in the poll covers anything that your current collection doesnt. Whats the purpose?

When you say "I am thinking of building a spec rifle", I dont know what that means?

Your collection is pretty nice as is. Nothing in the poll covers anything that your current collection doesnt. Whats the purpose?

A rifle built from parts that I have on hand that I will sell upon completion. It can be made into any one of the calibers listed in the poll selection at the top of the page.

About a few month ago, I called Mr. Robert and asked him if he could build a new stick.

Will be a 22-inch medium-Palma contour from Bartlein in .260 Remington and fit it to a KMW Sentinel stock.

What happens if Hornady stops making it? You can get .260 brass from Lapua, Norma, and the domestics. There's something to be said for popularity.

What if the sky falls? What if the ocean sucks up Kalifornia?

Norma makes 6.5CM brass too. There's plenty of 6.5CM shooters. Hornady is not gonna dump this caliber.

Deal in reality, not fear-mongering.

I wasn't aware that Norma made it. Don't get me wrong, though. I shoot a 6XC, which is made (last I checked) by exactly one company. I wish it was made by more though, because I kind of like it, and I hate making brass. I wouldn't be surprised if either caliber got dumped in a year or two, trendy as they are. It's not like there aren't a ton of close substitutes.

Bob,

You and your rifle builds, I love it! My vote is the 6.5 Creed. Tons of Hornady brass out there. I have both the 6.5 Creed and the 260 and they are both great. Is Mr. G building this one?

make it a .260, almost shot the barrel of the first one out and i will defenitely build another.

Status
Not open for further replies.