• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building an AR in 300WM for cheaper than $2,000?

Krugermeier

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2022
Carolinas
ARs in 300WM are finally getting the attention they deserve, with companies like Bear Creek Arsenal manufacturing the BC-8. These guns are running about $2,000. I can cut and complete an AR15 for less than $500, are there enough parts floating around to do it in 300WM?

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/hu...-10-twist-rifle-length-15-mlok-sch-rifle.html
Modify message

This might be just me, but when I think of:

.300 Win Mag
64,000psi
Semi-auto
Reliable
Accurate

I’m not thinking cheap. I don’t want a combination like that to not be taken seriously by the manufacturer, and of all the manufacturers in the industry, that particular company would be the last one I would expect anything like this from to even work.

I gave up on trying to diagnose, trouble-shoot, and suggest fixes to people with anything BCA long ago. If it’s BCA, I just click out of the thread. It’s not my job to be the QC department for that company.

Something is way off with them.

I just have to ask why tho? A belted magnum has no place in an AR rifle. Even the Nemo’s have catastrophic failures and it ain’t pretty. Can it be done. Sure. Should it be done, probably not. I don’t want to be around when that case head fails.

I just have to ask why tho? A belted magnum has no place in an AR rifle. Even the Nemo’s have catastrophic failures and it ain’t pretty. Can it be done. Sure. Should it be done, probably not. I don’t want to be around when that case head fails.
Gotta agree with this.

I LOVE my 300wm. Full stop. But a 308 or 6.5 large frame would more than fill that void. Oh wait, it has.

I had MANY chances to get my hands on a Petra. I still think it's a ridiculous weapon system, and a major statement in dick size. But that's all it is.

I think people really take for granted the EASE with which a standard AR15 can be un-tuned or messed with and still run safely. Then they move onto something like that and forget that it's like a dragster engine at top RPM... better hope your shit is dialed in.

ARs in 300WM are finally getting the attention they deserve, with companies like Bear Creek Arsenal manufacturing the BC-8. These guns are running about $2,000. I can cut and complete an AR15 for less than $500, are there enough parts floating around to do it in 300WM?

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/hu...-10-twist-rifle-length-15-mlok-sch-rifle.html
Modify message

Lightweight 24" barrel with a standard Rifle Gas system, a BCA $350 Scope, and a specific recommendation for 180gr Sierra ammo lol....

That should be your first 3 clues that you should stay the hell away from that offering. No offense man, but this is like attempting to cheap out on a lightweight .50cal.

Meanwhile you can EASILY build a reliable and accurate .308/6.5 gasser for less than or up to $2k. You can literally buy a Seekins SP10 used or on sale for around $2k.

Reactions: Krugermeier
  • Haha
Reactions: kl7883 and LRRPF52
This might be just me, but when I think of:

.300 Win Mag
64,000psi
Semi-auto
Reliable
Accurate

I’m not thinking cheap. I don’t want a combination like that to not be taken seriously by the manufacturer, and of all the manufacturers in the industry, that particular company would be the last one I would expect anything like this from to even work.

I gave up on trying to diagnose, trouble-shoot, and suggest fixes to people with anything BCA long ago. If it’s BCA, I just click out of the thread. It’s not my job to be the QC department for that company.

Something is way off with them.

Bca can't even figure out a 223, no way I'd fucking sniff a 300 win mag from them. Dangerous....
Why do you guys not like BCA? I have been using their stuff for awhile now. No issues. I heard they got acquired by a company and QC went up. I just bought a beautiful MLOK 20” 308 upper from them on sale for $250. Their side-charging patent is awesome!!

Why do you guys not like BCA? I have been using their stuff for awhile now. No issues. I heard they got acquired by a company and QC went up. I just bought a beautiful MLOK 20” 308 upper from them on sale for $250. Their side-charging patent is awesome!!

I have no experience with them so I am not trying to discount that they may have changed and gotten better.

But you’re playing with fire when you’re talking about a 300wm AR and a value based company.

I built a “value” 308 gasser and it took multiple parts bought separately that I knew I needed for me to feel comfortable with it. Not sure I’d wanna even attempt a 300wm lol

I have no experience with them so I am not trying to discount that they may have changed and gotten better.

But you’re playing with fire when you’re talking about a 300wm AR and a value based company.

I built a “value” 308 gasser and it took multiple parts bought separately that I knew I needed for me to feel comfortable with it. Not sure I’d wanna even attempt a 300wm lol
Two weeks ago at the range I was getting slamfires on .308 PSA hardware

I'm not saying that BCA is the worst ar manufacturer on earth, but I can't name anyone who would be worse. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: LRRPF52
Two weeks ago at the range I was getting slamfires on .308 PSA hardware
Exactly, and their uppers are more than $250 lol.

I bought a 308 PSA upper/lower on sale and immediately replaced quite a few parts. I also had the bolt spec’ed at RCA(near me).

Any time I looked on their site, I saw retail prices that matched with the imported dealer price lists I’ve seen on the floor at SHOT Show during tear-down. You can import every single part except the lower receiver for under $200. Slap it all on a US-made low-QC lower and mark up to $500....profit. For any customer who has a problem, just send them a replacement.

I’m looking on their site right now.

Side charger BCG 7.62x39....$79.99
10.5” .223 Wylde 416R stainless pipe with PISTOL-length gas system...$80.99 (What’s not to like!)

They’ve been selling sub-$100 barrels for years. How can you take something like that seriously?

Oh wait, I just found a 14.5” 5.56 NATO barrel with PISTOL length gas for $106.99! These guys are retarded.

556-ar15-barrel-1049.jpg

That’s a money pit right there. 6061 receivers made in who knows where. Here’s a review of their billet 6061 upper:

"Distance between dust cover pin holes on this upper is 3.1775". The AR dust cover is 3.3285" wide 0.151" too wide for this upper."

These are the kinds of companies you avoid like the plague unless you’re just taking pics of the VISMOD or are teaching a course on QC/TQM and how not to manufacture. I’ve lost track of how many threads people have started over the past 7 years, usually avoiding mentioning where they got their parts until you finally get it out of them.

If you have problems with your BCA parts, just call them and don’t start a thread about it.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Nemo can’t even make a 300WM worth owning and you want to roll the dice with BCA garbage? It’s your money, but I wouldn’t touch one or anything else from them.

Spend a little more and get a 6.5 or 308 from Seekins instead and have a quality rifle that will actually run.