• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building on a SURGEON? MUST READ!

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
i was finishing up my 338EDGE last night by torquing the receiver and barrel together. i noticed a different feel while doing this and found that the anit-bind rail on the port side of the receiver had been crushed. i called surgeon this morning and they stated the old SURGEON action wrench will not work with the newer receivers with two anti-bind rails but they had no way to contact the people with the old wrenches to warn them! they are going to mill away the part of the anti-bind rail that was crushed and modify my action wrench to fit ALL surgeon receivers. i just wanted anyone who was working with a new surgeon to be sure you have the newer action wrench or have yours modified before you ran into these problems. i really dont know why they added the anti-bind rail on the port side anyway. the three others i have built dont have it and run PERFECTLY. i LOVE surgeon receivers, but this should have never happened. i am glad they are working with me anyway. i think i will just have them mill out the entire rail on the port side since it is very thin and really not necessary.

chuck