• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building the 223 Jackley (Jim’s super ackley)

Rugerjim

Registered from Australia
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2018
Hey “bruh’s”.
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a wildcat build to follow, basically increasing the shoulder length of your 223 AI 2 or 3 mm for some extra oomph. I could just build a 22-204 I know (and I am building a 22BR, but why not max out the plain old 223 case for varmint lightning? Love to see how hard I can push a 50.

anyone interested?

I’ll use a standard chamber reamer and go in 2 or 3 mm deeper, then get a custom reamer made for the die if I can’t hit it well with conventional tooling on the lathe.
I’m trying to convince myself it’s worth the effort.

I'm pretty happy with my 223AI as it is but am curious about what more you can get out of a 223 based case.

Reactions: Rugerjim
I’m listening let’s see what the the good old 223 can do. What bullets are you planning for testing

I’m listening let’s see what the the good old 223 can do. What bullets are you planning for testing
I’ll run the plain old 50 vmax since it’s a fair global test - though I know it’s an 8 tw… and maybe a 50 and 62 Rexem. I know 2/3 mm of shoulder length isn’t much but it might yield a few more usable FPS. I’ll be fireforming them with 2207.