• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing building up grip area

RandomWAguy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
PNW
Have a victor titan stock on my 10/22 and really love the stock but the grip is just too far for my hands. Wondering what people have done to build up that area besides taping some foam to it? I have thought about trying the jb weld epoxy but am not sure I want something that permanent on it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Unfortunately padding the front of the grip isn't what's limiting your reach. It is the thumb forefinger intersection of your hand. On a wood stock you could remove material but your screwed on a plastic stock. If you don't need much a flat bow trigger may help. It would be easy enough to temporarily build up the front of the grip with tape to see first hand what I mean.

You could try some Sugru on the grip and maybe tape over that.

Some knife grips are made with hollowed out Paracord wraps and saturated with rubberized CA which might be a better on the skin than Sugru which is kind of like RTV.

You could tape a cow pattie to the front of the grip and spend less $$$ for the same result. He needs another stock or at least one he can have modified. Dumb questions attract dumb answers as usual. Guys like him ask the same question on multiple sites looking for an answer they like. He aint gonna find one that is not bullshit.

You could try some Sugru on the grip and maybe tape over that.

Some knife grips are made with hollowed out Paracord wraps and saturated with rubberized CA which might be a better on the skin than Sugru which is kind of like RTV.

I may try to use the Sugru as I can remove that if I dont like how it comes out, thanks for the tips!