• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Building your own suppressor

svt_tactical

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2010
North Carolina
Can someone lay out the process involved in this? Fees? I have a can on a form 4 now but thought about trying to build my own for a 22 just for kicks.

Re: Building your own suppressor

Same "fee" as your form 4, you just will be doing a Form 1. Fill it out, send it off, once approved, build your can

Would I just make up a random serial and note that on the Form 1, and when approved, I just put the serial on the can?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would I just make up a random serial and note that on the Form 1, and when approved, I just put the serial on the can? </div></div>

Yes Sir. You can give it whatever you would like
smile.gif

Dude, that is like far out.

I love how this works...you have to pay the government just to weld some metal together.

Man, you can't try your cutting your first chip before you receive your signed, approved Form 1.

You can have another machinist work on it , AS LONG AS YOU ARE PRESENT WITH OFFICIAL TAX STAMP AND ALL PIECES GO BACK HOME WITH YOU AT THE END OF THE DAY