• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Built a flat dark earth rifle, and now can't find any mags :|

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Seriously. I build this awesome Aero M4E1 upper and lower FDE rifle and as soon as I complete it, all 20-rd Magpul "sand" mags are nowhere to be found. I love Magpul, I really do, but let's just get the damn colors figured out already. I literally only need a few 20 round mags in Coyote brown and lord knows how long it'll be until they're available.

Does anyone know of a relatively moderate priced source to get 20 rd Sand to dye (or preferably just 20 rd FDE mags).

I'm just going to go out and say this, but all my PMAGS both G1 and G2, have kicked the shit out of any USGI mag w/ improved follower I've ever owned, so why discontinue 3/4 of your mag color choices for whatever gain was worth G2 to G3 sand/black only for what.

Personally, I was pissed when I couldn't put the damn dust covers from my G1 PMAGS to my G2's. BOOOO MAGPUL!

Nevertheless, I don't need a mag I can swan dive 3 stories down, land on, and then expect to function flawlessly. The only reason I use, and have ever used, PMAGS for, is because they're a much needed improvement over USGI mags.

Get some lancer FDE or translucent FDE 20 round mags. You will probably forget that pmags even exist, and I like and own about 50 pmags in 308 and 556. Lancers are worth the extra few bucks.

Scott

Magpul Coyote Brown are available direct from magpul.com

Don't sweat the small stuff. There are a number of other choices, and sand is really there for those who wish to Cerekote themselves.

Does it matter? Mags are to feed your rifle, not look pretty. If it bothers you, go and get whatever color spraypaint you wish.