• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Built in MOA Rails and Mounts, who is using what?

CasperTheFriendlyGhost

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 19, 2023
Traveling
Hello everyone,

I did some searches but I don't think I'm searching for the right keywords or phrases. I'm wondering what amount of built in MOA everyone is using and with what barrel lengths, ammo, and at what zero distances. I realize that most everything has a 20 or 30 MOA rail at this point, but is anyone combining that with 20 or 30 MOA rings/mounts for 40-50-60 total MOA?

That all comes down to the scope being used more than the rifle. If your scope doesn;t have enough elevation to use 60 MOA of cant whether in mount or base or combo then it doesn't matter if you can get that. What scope do you have?

I'm running a Gen 3 razor with 36 mrad of adjustment, I guess I should have mentioned scope as well. I was just planning on running a 30 MOA base but I was more just wondering how others had theirs setup. 😊

I have my Zeiss S3 6-36 with 32 mils of elevation on a 40 moa base and 0 moa mount. Leave me about 26.5 mils of elevation or out to about 480 yards dialing without holding. My Zeiss 4-25 will be in a 20 moa mount on a 40 moa base so 60 total. The scope has 46.5 mils of elevation so it should end up with about 40 mils or so to dial or out to about 650 yards dialing.

With your set up 40 moa is the easy answer but I wouldn’t go over 50 as you are getting a little close to bottom.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
I have my Zeiss S3 6-36 with 32 mils of elevation on a 40 moa base and 0 moa mount. Leave me about 26.5 mils of elevation or out to about 480 yards dialing without holding. My Zeiss 4-25 will be in a 20 moa mount on a 40 moa base so 60 total. The scope has 46.5 mils of elevation so it should end up with about 40 mils or so to dial or out to about 650 yards dialing.

With your set up 40 moa is the easy answer but I wouldn’t go over 50 as you are getting a little close to bottom.
Are you zeroing at 50 or some other point?

Razor Gen III on a 70MOA Vudoo rail, zeroed at 50 yards with zero MOA in the mount gives 33.3₥ of actual elevation. 20" Carbon barrel, Center-X, can dial 500 easily.

70 moa is about 20.4 mils so you are below the working elevation range given by Vortex. Thing like shadowing can happen there and other issues but if it works for you then have at it. I wouldn't recommend going over 50 moa though to be safe. Odd you only have 33.3 mils of elevation with that set up.

on the 22lr's and adjustable scope rail 0-200 moa
one is a sightrons s3 10x50x60
the other sightron s5 10x50x50
they are charging a lot now a days

on the creed a 40 moa rail it works with the bighorn it's there rail
a delta stryker 5x50x60

I was looking at the sure shot adjustable rail
but at that ammount I don't see any of them being worth it to me you might be right as rain with any of them regardless that's what we are using best of luck with what ever you get .