• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

built or parts

norcalplinker

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2023
California
So I'm just getting into PRS on the push from a friend that has been shooting it for a while. So like I usually do I dove in headfirst bought a factory rifle aero solus competition rifle in 6.5 creed. Then because another friend was getting out of shooting I bought everything he had in the garage, dies, reloading equipment and his complete setup new in boxes of a proof carbon barrel, arc nucleus gen1 and krg bravo ready to build a up a pretty damn nice complete just add trigger.

Now the question I'm asking is would it be better to have the rifle built up and sell as a brand new ready to shoot rifle or sell in parts like I have listed in the buy-sell trade forums? I'm not getting much traction as far as that goes but I'm also new and don't have a lot of feedback, also maybe I'm pricing things to high? Thoughts?

Id shoot a few matches before you buy anything else. Your just wasting money until you actually know what you want/need. A carbon barrel is not great for prs but can be used.

Id shoot a few matches before you buy anything else. Your just wasting money until you actually know what you want/need. A carbon barrel is not great for prs but can be used.
No that's the point I'm selling this setup because it's not a great setup for PRS, great setup for lightweight hunting etc. I guess my NOOB question is it more attractive to buyers as a fully built rifle or parts as I've listed it now? I'm going to learn adn beat up on my cheap aero setup.

Sell the carbon blank. Put the arc in the bravo. Add on a pva prefit of whatever ilk you desire.
Nucleus is a nice action. I’d hold onto it. I’d shoot it with an actual fat barrel in comps over the solus.