• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BUIS question.

rifleman0321

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
midwest/USA
I am looking at backup irons for my MWS, and am in a bit of a quandary. Is there a good elevation-adjustable/BDC folding BUIS for the 7.62? I assume the KAC 600m works for the 7.62?

I am also wondering if the folding irons are precise enough to even worry about shooting 600m, or if I should just go with one of the windage-only models and plan on a 300m effective range in the event of a scope failure. What are your experiences? I am running a SWFA 3-9x42 in a Bobro mount, so need something fairly low profile.

Re: BUIS question.

MAybe I am way off, but I am not comfortable having a backup sight system (whose main purpose is surviving a scope-smashing accident to maintain the rifle's functionality) made out of plastic? I am all ears if they are as tough as a steel sight.

Precision back-ups on a precision rifle?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MAybe I am way off, but I am not comfortable having a backup sight system (whose main purpose is surviving a scope-smashing accident to maintain the rifle's functionality) made out of plastic? I am all ears if they are as tough as a steel sight. </div></div>

If you smash a folded magpul site and destroy it, you are definately doing something wrong. I have a rear on my patrol rifle and have no reservations regarding its durability.

You want the ones used on the Brits L129A1 made by Knights, I have requested the part numbers but no answer yet, if you get them please post the numbers.

Yeah, those are what I was looking at, the KAC Micro 600m setup. Looks like the best option, all around. Haven't found anyone who has them in stock, though. Might take some looking.

KAC micro 600m would be the way to go IMO.

I'm getting more and more inclined to not rely on optics and a precision rear sight would be a must.

oh yeah, make sure you TRAIN with it and not just slap it on and call it good. =P