• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BUIS / SN-3 T-PAL / Larue LT-111 Mount.

mjsemtex

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2008
nj meadowlands.
putting a USO 3.2-17x44 T-PAL on top of an iron ridge upper with a DD 12.0 lite rail out front.

if i use the larue LT-111 30mm, will this combination allow me to tuck a set of troy backup iron sights under there?

any one with pics of a similar setup?

Re: BUIS / SN-3 T-PAL / Larue LT-111 Mount.

doubt it, I have a SN-3 on a Colt CR6724, and I doubt the LT-111 will be high enough. Next, the SN-3 is a pretty big optic and with that mount, your spacing of the scope in the mount is pretty limited, which will dictate your placement on the upper. Now, if you put a riser on the front 2/3 of your upper, then put the BUIS behind that, and your LT-111 on the riser it might fit. If you want some pics of these types of setups, PM me your email and ill send you a few. I have a AR with this type of setup for Aimpoints with Triplers and ACOG. This will increase your sight height by half an inch and raise your cheek weld. I pondered fitting a BUIS on my CR6724 for a few minutes, then thought, this is a varmit rig and if I break my USO ... its time to call it a day anyway because Im probably in a world of hurt anyway considering how tough US Optics are. So I minimized my sight height as much as I could and kept my cheek weld nice, low, tight, nose to charging handle.

i guess i'm thinking something like this:

IMG_8252.jpg

I think you will have plenty of height (1.5" to centerline) as you can see in the pic, but you will probably need the SPR mount for proper eye relief

i ended up going with the USO 30mm 'high' rings... should hopefully have them this weekend. PN: P6M-3000-H

midway actually had them on clearance when i ordered and they seemed like a good deal.