• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bula M21DM

lonegunman762x51

MSgt USAF ret.
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I spoke to the good people of Bula in June, hope to get a rifle into my communist state before I had to give my medical records to leftists and take a retarded class on gun related suicide. They couldn't get my rifle here in time, but they did sell me a nice rifle.

The Bula scope mount is the stuff, it is light years ahead of the side mount typically used on an M-14/M1A platform rifle. It goes directly on top of the receiver, anchored in the clip slot and tapped onto the top of the receiver. You can use the iron sights easily thru the scope mount with a scope mounted.

I had a 1-4.5 Weaver scope that is legal for high power rifle sitting in a drawer with rings so I attached it. Cleaning the rifle was/is/will be a chore for years. The wood stock is as snug as any glass bedded rifle I have ever owned and everything fits tighter than heck. I got it disassembled, cleaned, greased and reassembled ready to go to the range.

The gun ran flawlessly, the mags all worked fine, one was a little tougher to seat but they all worked fine. Zero malfunctions over 80 rounds fired, not even a hiccup. Ammo was all M80 ball and M118LR. The trigger was pretty standard stuff, 5.5 to 6 lbs a little creepy not horrible, nothing to get excited over. The fit and finish was very nice, the parked finish was nice dark grey and even, the wood a nice straight grained walnut it is a good looking gun.

The group on the orange spotter was towards the end of the day with a warm barrel, it was 118LR. The left leaning shot was all me, the next four were close, it would have grouped tighter with a higher powered scope and better sandbags for the rest, but it can easily touch 1". The second group was after sighting in, 10 shots of M80 ball at a moderate pace, off bags and they were all in the right spot.

There is one unusual thing about the gun, you might notice from the picture. Bula makes a nice mirror of a regular M1A.

Attachments

• 100yd group.jpg
    100yd group.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 30
  • M21-200yd.jpg
    M21-200yd.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 49
  • M21DM.jpg
    M21DM.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 40
The three brand new M1a types that I had a hand in all showed a pretty marked decrease in group size right around 200 rds. So better groups should be ahead. Are you running the medium weight barrel on that?
Thats a nice looking rifle, enjoy it.