• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulk .223 and .308 bullets, what do you use?

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I was wondering what everyone does for quantity over quality? I assume that most don't use the match bullets to do paper shooting or tactical courses and such. I can understand if you are doing long range shots for close groups but not when you are shooting hundreds in a shooting session.

So who or what do you use for bulk bullet heads in .223 and .308?

Re: Bulk .223 and .308 bullets, what do you use?

I think you need to state what use you are putting them to.
That would be a big help.

I am of that school that says you train with the same thing you fight with. So I use Sierra Matchkings for training, which often involves paper punching.

Haven't seem them for years (running kinda low on inventory here!) but IMI had 55gr pills that worked great.

We buy them in 3m 6000 round bags about 30k at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you need to state what use you are putting them to.
That would be a big help.</div></div>

AR platform both calibers

What grain are you using also, I guess around the 52-55gr bullets?

I use pulled 55g .223s and pulled 147g .308s Shoot them out of ARs, Fals
M1As, and Bolts Gets me a lot of trigger time without the high cost. Some pic of about 20k in .223 and .308

1000145.jpg

Yea I would say you can get alot of trigger time from 20k bullets. Nice

Look at it this way. If you were to replace the great majority of those bullets with .22LR, you could get by on a lot fewer C/F pills, and you could afford to use good ones. Your primary firearm's barrel would stay accurate longer, too.

Think about it. These are not the times to be thinking of ways to shoot cheaper C/F ammo. Put up the big bores, and break out the rimfires.

My goto generic bullets are MatchKings, Ballistic Tips, V-Max, SST's, and my hunting bullets are Core-Lokts, V-Max, and SST's. Mil-Spec bullets are a waste of good powder, and I only use SST's when I can't get anything better.

My ammo motherlode is about 60lb of .22LR, of which there are 2 bricks and a few boxes of FGMM, the rest is Rem and Fed bulk high vel stuff. I'm not shooting the FGMM until I can acquire a few more bricks of it.

Greg

I still have plenty of .22s but shooting them just isnt the same. Have 2 really nice built 10/22s but get bored with them rather quickly. I bought the pulled projos before the feeding frenzy so I got a killer deal on them and some of the .223 go for the Full/Auto
this doesnt stop or keep me from buying better bullets. The range I go to is limited to 300 yds so bulk bullets do just fine and they are probably more accurate than I am to that distance. Would like to find a place to shoot much longer distances that is close
but thats a lot of peoples problems.

I use mil spec 55 gr 223 that I got for $350 per 5k and I thought that was a good deal. Yep, they're not the most accurate but if i have to choose between shooting them or not shooting, I'll take them.