• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bullet Button

Kopfjager 4-96

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Camp Pendleton, Ca
?, does anyone know the manufacture that makes the California Bullet Button that can be turned 180 degrees to make it work as a normal mag release and then switched back. This would be for a POF in 7.62

S/F

Re: Bullet Button

Kewl, I hope someone comes along and enlightens us. I didn't know something like that exists, and I'm kind of wondering if it is legal.

-Pat

LOL, damn work stops me from finishing my thought, and in the meantime help arrives. Hahahahaha!

-Pat

thanks for the info, yes, i am looking to buy one but this is not the one i am looking for. The one i want can be switched back and forth to make it Cali legal or to be used as a normal mag release, (just turn it 180 degrees) i have seen them on a few rifles just never asked who the manufacture was.

Ahhhh....I'm not sure if that's the on e he's talking about.

"that can be turned 180 degrees to make it work as a normal mag release and then switched back"

Maybe????

-Pat

You are on the wrong site for anything bullet button related. Visit calguns.net and do a forum search as that question gets asked there at lease once a day.

I believe it it can be turned without a tool it would be illegal. A tool must be required to drop the magazine, and in California, a tool is anything that is not part of your person and not attached to the gun.

People were even talking about attaching a solenoid to the bullet button that was controlled via infrared/bluetooth that when you pressed a button on something not attached to the gun (like on your belt) it would activate the solenoid and drop the mag. We can get pretty creative in California when it comes to getting around laws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kopfjager 4-96</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the info, yes, i am looking to buy one but this is not the one i am looking for. The one i want can be switched back and forth to make it Cali legal or to be used as a normal mag release, (just turn it 180 degrees) i have seen them on a few rifles just never asked who the manufacture was. </div></div>

To be California legal it requires a tool to "modify and/or remove the mag". Just turning the mag release button 180 degrees without a tool wouldn't cut it.

+1000 about the only thing that has been "approved" (nothing has really been on paper approved) is the bullet button. Just stick with it and you will be fine. The prince 50 will require you to load by rear pin removal and tilting of the upper from the lower. The bullet button as its name implies lets the 10 rounder release with the tip of a bullet. Also not a good idea to even have anything more than the 10 rounder any where near you out shooting.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kopfjager 4-96</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the info, yes, i am looking to buy one but this is not the one i am looking for. The one i want can be switched back and forth to make it Cali legal or to be used as a normal mag release, (just turn it 180 degrees) i have seen them on a few rifles just never asked who the manufacture was. </div></div>

To be California legal it requires a tool to "modify and/or remove the mag". Just turning the mag release button 180 degrees without a tool wouldn't cut it.</div></div>