• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet Central Micron Precision Die Question

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It Podcast
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Just ordered one for my dasher the other day. I can't find anywhere on their website or any other material with info regarding the bushings. I wanted to know if redding neck bushings will work in the die or do i have to buy one of their bushings. I hope my redding works because they dont have a bushing even close to .266 in stock. Anybody got that info? Also, is there anything different with set up with this die than any other FL sizing die? Ive called twice, talked to Emily, and haven't gotten in touch with someone who knows these answers. Zach is the guy i need to talk to apparently and he's working in the warehouse for now. Help a brotha out!

Yes they use "standard" Wilson or Redding bushings.

Nothing different regarding setup. These are excellent dies.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Redding works without an issue. I went with the SAC bushing on mine. You'll like the die alot, much more consistent than my Redding was

Redding works without an issue. I went with the SAC bushing on mine. You'll like the die alot, much more consistent than my Redding was

So I can run the SAC bushing with this die? Sweet. I will order one of those instead of the bullet central bushing

Reactions: patriotnation
    Ok

Got the die and SAC .266 bushing (I got the .266 bc that's what redding bushing I've used).
    Screwed the die in, got it set for a .002 bump and noticed these lines under the shoulder. Wtf are they?

20220323_192952.jpg

They weren't there before the sizing.

Man, i was just going to order a sizer from them. Possible a unpolished area in the die?

Those dies use a neck bushing and not a neck/shoulder bushing correct?

Yeah. Post a pic of the bushing you have from SAC.

Here is a pic of the inside of the die near the area the brass has those lines. I just used my redding bushing on a couple pieces and the brass has the same lines.

WIN_20220323_20_08_58_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220323_20_09_16_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220323_20_09_20_Pro.jpg

Out of spec and not polished. Thanks. Grass isn’t always greener 😂

Reactions: rijndael
    Those are some bad tooling marks. Never seen that in any of my dies. Thought the Micron was the cats ass.

Looks like the inside of a Lee die. Not a high end die. 😞

Idk I have used a few Lee pistol dies and have never seen tooling marks like that. I would send it back and ask for a refund.

Don’t they advertise EVERY die is in spec and hand inspected? That’s unacceptable for $280 die!

Good thing Redding and Whidden are still in business lol. Even my custom Hornady dies are smooth and in spec. Maybe someday I will have Warner make me a set of die’s.

I'd just wait for SAC to make another run of Dasher dies. I have their BRA die and love it

Bro, im fucking livid right now. I sold my whidden die today. Just sent the buyer a pm pretty much begging for him to accept a refund + some extra on top just to keep it, but im going to let him make the call.

• Sad
    • Haha
    Reactions: BCX and Krob95
    Sorry to hear that man. If I had a dashy die, I'd hook a brother up. But im not cool enough to shoot Dasher

I would be hot for sure. When you spend that kind of coin you expect the best

Just in case someone cares to know ab whats up with the die. I called Bullet Central and spoke with a nice lady. I told her what was going on and she said Chris would be in contact with me within 24 hours. He called me yesterday and asked me to explain what was going on with the brass. I described what the brass looked like after sizing and he said "That definitely sounds like a defective die." He sent me one out late yesterday afternoon and will be sending me a return label for the defective die.

Thanks for the update, good to see they're taking care for ya. Keep us posted on what they say when they receive it.

My buddy just received a Micron die in 300 NM yesterday and sized 1 piece of brass. His die sizes w no unusual marks.

Just in case someone cares to know ab whats up with the die. I called Bullet Central and spoke with a nice lady. I told her what was going on and she said Chris would be in contact with me within 24 hours. He called me yesterday and asked me to explain what was going on with the brass. I described what the brass looked like after sizing and he said "That definitely sounds like a defective die." He sent me one out late yesterday afternoon and will be sending me a return label for the defective die.
    Yeah I do and I'm glad you updated. Let us know what the new die looks like. If it was a Creed I'd have sent you one to get you by. If the new one is smooth and slick then I guess it's just a one off bad die. Even the best outfits kick out less than great sometimes, it's how it's handled that matters.

I have all Redding dies and didn't have a quality control issue, but did have an issue and I was less than impressed with how they handled it.

Reactions: BCX
    Chris said he honestly doesn't know how it was possible for the die to have that kind of tooling marks to cause this problem but he wants to look at it when he gets it back. They are taking care of it so I can't be but so mad. Im sure mine was a 1 off problem as I haven't heard of it before from their dies.

I had a similar issue with a micron dasher die. They sent me a new one right away but it’s upsetting when they are all supposed to be hand inspected. Also had to return a 22gt die to them for same reason. When they get them right they are fantastic dies but they shouldn’t be letting hand inspected defects out the door.
    E6F7AD30-E675-4EFA-9694-BD436DD064BD.jpeg
    579ADB6F-5768-457C-98C6-EFD68C8E111C.jpeg

Mine is the slickest piece of machining work I’ve ever seen. My guess is they let the pressure of trying to meet demand to cause them to overlook some QC which isn’t good. I do think they are good people with awesome equipment & a skilled craftsman in Zach. They will get it worked out if they slow down & don’t compromise QC. There has been a huge demand for them because of excellence in machining work. I hope they get you one of the quality I’ve seen.

Reactions: avidflyer
    Anybody using this die to fix the clicker issue? They claim to be a solution gor that