• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet color trick

kombayotch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2007
I learned a neat trick from my buddy on the weekend. He was testing multiple loads at 1000 yards on the same piece or cardboard. In order to tell which hole is from which load without going up and marking them after each group, he paints the bullets with a dry erase marker. They leave a very visible color ring in the holes as they pass through the cardboard. Didn't seem to affect accuracy either, his groups were between 4.75" and 12ish"...

Thought it was a pretty cool trick.

Re: Bullet color trick

seen this done and it does in fact work. I was skeptical but it does work. Also a good way to tell each shot in a group also.

You mean the additional marking on the bullet doesn't affect your load?
grin.gif

Could have used that this weekend.
Thanks for the tip!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NativeCraft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean the additional marking on the bullet doesn't affect your load?
grin.gif
</div></div>

You have to be very careful to get an even coating.
grin.gif