• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bullet drop and turrets..

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
quik question..... My scope turrets are 1/4 MOA adjustments. I have the scope zero'd at 100 yards, at 200 yards, I am dialing 2moa(8 clicks) on the scope for a direct hit. I even did a hold over on the rest and the hold over is at the first hash mark right below the center of the cross hairs. Picture of reticle included.

The scope is a US Optics ST-10 with erek knob(1/4 moa) and it has a JNG MOA retical.

Giving that information, would you say I my bullet drop at 200 yards is 4 inches?

Attachments

• opplanet-us-optics-jng-moa-reticle.jpg
    opplanet-us-optics-jng-moa-reticle.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 13
My advice would be to stop thinking in inches, clicks or worrying about bullet drop. And just dial your dope. Get out to the range and confirm what you are supposed to dial to get your bullet out of your rifle to varying ranges. And right it down.

MOA is NOT inches, it is a angular unit of measure.

You got it right. As billyburl mentioned, don't think in clicks or worry about counting them, think in MOA. There are many good ballistic programs that will allow you to punch in your load data and have a drop chart solution for multiple ranges.

what billy said.

if you can PM me the ammo your using, bullet manufacture / type and GRN weight, see if the box has a muzzle feet per second FPS on the side, & scope sight height (measure in inches from firing pin to the middle of your scope), then I'll get you a balsitics chart. Takes all of two seconds to run it.

My advice would be to stop thinking in inches, clicks or worrying about bullet drop. And just dial your dope. Get out to the range and confirm what you are supposed to dial to get your bullet out of your rifle to varying ranges. And right it down.

MOA is NOT inches, it is a angular unit of measure.

quik question..... My scope turrets are 1/4 MOA adjustments. I have the scope zero'd at 100 yards, at 200 yards, I am dialing 2moa(8 clicks) on the scope for a direct hit. I even did a hold over on the rest and the hold over is at the first hash mark right below the center of the cross hairs. Picture of reticle included.

The scope is a US Optics ST-10 with erek knob(1/4 moa) and it has a JNG MOA retical.

Giving that information, would you say I my bullet drop at 200 yards is 4 inches?

here you go based on the info you provided me... obviously your weather conditions during the time of your shots will effect these numbers & this is based upon the 56degree @ night time current weather in my local with a 5.1mph wind (which you can totally ignore for now)....... but should get you close:

IMG_7633_zpscca6b5e1.jpg

IMG_7637_zpsbfc72ff0.jpg

wjwill said:
Thanks for the help.
.308 caliber
Hornady Amax, 178gr (non coated)
Its hand loads, 2647fps is the average
measurement from firing pic to the center of scope is 2.040 with a caliper

Rifle info is reminton 700 short action
17.5 inch Brux barrel, 1/10 twist
Thanks for helping me.

Last edited: