• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet Feeder: Hornady versus RCBS

Nessal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2009
CA
I'm looking to get a bullet feeder for my LNL AP. Can anyone tell me which they think is better? I did some reading and it appears that the Hornady does not have automatic shutoff when it's full? Any help is appreciated!

Re: Bullet Feeder: Hornady versus RCBS

I have the RCBS pistol bullet feeder. It's ok. It does mess up some, and the little plastic sleeve that retains the bullet in the die need lots of adjustment. If there is too little tension to hold the bullets in the die, you get a column of bullets shooting out the die all at once and spilled all over the place! It does speed things up, but it is kind of a head ache when all you want to do is load ammo, and you have to mess with settings and adjustments. I have not played with the rifle bullet feeder. As I understand it, RCBS has 2 seperate feeder units- rifle and rifle. I believe Hornady is coming out with a conversion kit, so you only need 1 unit, and a conversion kit to go from rifle to pistol. I've spoken with RCBS, and they have no plan to have a conversion kit for it. So the Hornady one might be a good choice. I would also look at a Mr. Bullet Feeder as an option. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I will probably look for something else!

Last night I was cranking out some 40 cal ammo. Once I got the bullet holder set in the die, it was working better, but still had some issues. So, it does take some adjustment.

I have the Hornady and it works really well.
all metal construction in the dies
Note you must purchase the dies separately