• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet ID

silentnswift

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
Kentucky
I found some ammo in a box of misc. reloading equipment my brother bought from a yard sale. They were in a hornady box, ww super (win.) brass, 30 cal bullets with black tips weighing 163gn. I pulled the bullets because not knowing what they were I was not about to take a chance them being shot through any of my rifles. Any idea what these bullets are?

Attachments

• IMG_1464.JPG
    IMG_1464.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1465.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 20
"Pulled 30-06 163 Grain M2 military surplus projectiles. They feature a tungsten steel core and are .308 diameter perfect for use in making your own 30 06 M2 ammo. As you can see in the picture with the core removed its a solid piece of steel that takes up nearly the entire jacket space. Included in the price is full insurance coverage on the order as we cannot replace them if they are lost in transit since we have a very limited supply on hand. These are an item that will one day be extinct as there are no new production 163 grain AP black tip. Once all of the Vietnam and WW2 era projectiles have been shot or tucked away in basements it will all be gone."

https://www.nereloading.com/index.php/rare-30-caliber-black-tip-ap-projectiles.html

1521493848034.png

1521493824687.png

Copy, I thought they might be AP but almost every unknown projectile these days is Armor piercing. Thank you

WW II & Korean war 30 cal AP. If you cut one apart you will find a 63gr penatrator inside that weighs approx 63 grs that is approx .227 in diameter. The penatrator makes a very nice ctr punch.