• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet Identification 223 JHP BT 69 grain Cannalur

minnesotadan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Dakota County, MN
Prior to hand loading .223 I purchased some Match 69 Grain from Georgia Arms Reloaders. This bullet appears to shoot extremely well in all of my AR 223 from the 16 to 20" and the 1:8 and 1:9 twist.
I can not identify who makes a 69 grain JHP with a cannalur? They use 748 powder and what appears to be a dillon 1050 with a rather strange looking crimp. Looks like slots (about 4) around the neck.
I usually get .50 to .75 MOA with this bullet in all of my guns and I would like to duplicate this load.
Any help on bullet identification?

Dan

Re: Bullet Identification 223 JHP BT 69 grain Cannalur

Well it's not Sierra, Hornady or Speer. Sierra makes a 69 HPBT that works real well in
223s with your twist but it has no cannalur (which is unecessary except for full auto)

Get the Sierra 69g HPBT and load it to 2.26" OAL.
No Crimp. This bullet will likely shoot as well or better.

I bought a bunch of 68gr hpbt with cannulure from Midway a month or so back that were advertised as "blemished". I can't find a blemish and as far as I can tell they are made by Hornady. Probaly the same bullet you are talking about.