• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet Point Trigger Control & Follow Through

That's a great deal thanks

Nice, haven’t seen any trolls on it yet.

My AI has over-travel (two stage trigger). When practicing proper follow through, is it best to stop short of the over travel, completely follow through (even after the shot has fired), or just remain consistent one way or the other?

I have a metric ton of videos with me shooting an AI

You press-break and freeze,

The bad side with people and AI triggers, or any Two Stage is the want to drive the trigger through the stock.

Moving and crushing the trigger is a no-go, as this adds in secondary movement.

Press, Break, Freeze in place and don't attempt to drive the trigger against the stop

I have a metric ton of videos with me shooting an AI

You press-break and freeze,

The bad side with people and AI triggers, or any Two Stage is the want to drive the trigger through the stock.

Moving and crushing the trigger is a no-go, as this adds in secondary movement.

Press, Break, Freeze in place and don't attempt to drive the trigger against the stop
Was wondering about this as well while watching training videos, good to know while dry firing during quarantine.

Reactions: TACC
In class @lowlight wanted to do cpr on my trigger finger, there was no blood left in it from crushing it to the wall.

Of course I then started stabbing and not freezing in follow through. Dry fire helped and videoing myself during live fire.

Reactions: TACC and RS14
Along with trigger control, how about thoughts on a wide vs narrow shoe? Have you seen more trigger issues with wide shoes having more area to throw shots if the pull isn't perfect vs narrower shoes or vice versa? Just curious if there is any correlation.

Don’t like to sound critical but it appeared to me that jeff has a problem with his setup and was using facial muscles to correct eye position in the scope.

There was a
Don’t like to sound critical but it appeared to me that jeff has a problem with his setup and was using facial muscles to correct eye position in the scope.

There was a list of problems, my fundamental checklist covers 20 different points,

This Video ONLY FOCUSED ON TRIGGER CONTROL

There are a host of corrections to be made, the whole point of video was to look at one

Reactions: aprocast
My AI has over-travel (two stage trigger). When practicing proper follow through, is it best to stop short of the over travel, completely follow through (even after the shot has fired), or just remain consistent one way or the other?

If done properly, you wouldn’t even know the AI has overtravel.

Pretend it has zero over and stop.

IMO, overtravel is just an insurance police for a bad trigger press. Gives you some cushion where no overtravel would push the rifle more to one side or the other.

If done properly, you wouldn’t even know the AI has overtravel.

Pretend it has zero over and stop.

IMO, overtravel is just an insurance police for a bad trigger press. Gives you some cushion where no overtravel would push the rifle more to one side or the other.

I am glad @deepblue asked this question, as I have been doing it wrong (i.e., no freeze after the break). Thanks for the video @lowlight .