• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet profile for range

sarcasmn

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2008
Georgia
I know that some people have 2 profiles on their ballistic computer for longer ranges. One for up to 1000 and another for further. I get that because how a bullet acts at say 2900 fps and it’s bc will be different than how it acts at say 1500 fps.

What I am wondering is if anyone has experimented with this on .22. Say one bullet profile for 0 to 200 yards and another for 200 to 400 yards?

I know that some people have 2 profiles on their ballistic computer for longer ranges. One for up to 1000 and another for further. I get that because how a bullet acts at say 2900 fps and it’s bc will be different than how it acts at say 1500 fps.

What I am wondering is if anyone has experimented with this on .22. Say one bullet profile for 0 to 200 yards and another for 200 to 400 yards?

Yes, if you want to shoot out to 300-400 yards you will need another profile unless you have a custom drag curve from AB that already dealt with the variable BC.

This goes to the thread I made about truing dope in the Kestrel AB to real world numbers. Out past 300yds is when you start playing with BC.

I've had succes 300 and in with GeoBallistics. No messing with anything other then trueing velocity.

I also don't even know if I can adjust bullet profile. 26-28th this month I'll get dope to 500 or so at king of .28

I don't see why that can't work, but you'd need to remember to swap profiles for near/far situations.