• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet seating Question

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I had had a question about COAL and got a answer. The answeR was COAL is a testing thing,everybody is different. So if you go up in the powder load, seat the bullet higher?(away from the powder) How much? Im am shooting mostly out of a AR so I have a 2.260 min. Example: I just loaded 52gr Sierra bullets with 22.5grs of Hodgon 322 with a COAL of 2.200. Now if I wnt up in powder to 23grs or say 23.5grs do I raise the bulllet up or keep it the same. This sounds like a pretty important question to ask but I could be a stupid but I dont think there is any stupid quetions if you need to ask! ASK!

Re: Bullet seating Question

No, you keep the same COAL. First of all, you do not want to change two variables in an equation and second, if you go longer, it won't be mag length.

At 2.255 or so, the bullet jump is still going to be huge so don't worry about it.