• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet trade

1clicktrick

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2018
skiatook
Does anyone know of a place to buy projectiles in smaller quantities? I'm looking to try some Berger elite hunter in .338 caliber 300 grain. If we can't find a place I thought we could start a forum on trading. I have some hornady 338 cal 285gr ELD match or Sierra matching 300 grains to trade/swap out if someone is looking to try as well. If not I am looking on average $80 because they are sold in quantities of 100. If we started this I think it would be a good idea to send a picture of the box they are in just so there is no confusion. Iv never ran the 300gr bergers before and may not get velocity I want. Hate to buy 100 and be dissatisfied. *****I hope I am posting this in the correct location, if not please educate me. Thank you.

heh....I just traded some .338 Berger Elites a few weeks ago...they were take downs on some ammo given to me. I use ammobrasstrader website to trade mostly brass from range pickups for stuff I actually reload for. I won't trade/sell ammo...especially of unknown to me origin. So I take it down...use the powder on the 4th of July to make fun stuff...and toss the primers. I then trade it for stuff I need/want...whether it is other brass, bullets, or reloading equipment.

I agree with you, I don't want to sell ammo or shoot anyone else's. I just want the projectiles to try and develope. Thank you for your feedback.

Look up Bullet Proof Samples. They sell something like one dozen packs of bullets specifically for this purpose. Not sure if they have the specific projectile you seek, but that’s where I’d start.