• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet Weight vs Bullet Style

MiG29

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2022
South Carolina
Hey guys, not new to reloading but I have a question concerning bullet style data in reloading manuals. Example: I am wanting to reload some 125 gr. Lead Conical Nose (LCN) bullets for 9mm. The only data I've been able to find for that particular bullet weight gives examples for FMJ and JHP (BTW, I'm using "True Blue"). Since the FMJ and the JHP are 125gr., would I be safe loading the LCN to the FMJ/JHP data? I understand the ballistics would not be the same, but I'm concerned about safety.
Thanks

Fine as far as safety but feeding and leading if on the hot side could be issues.

be aware when shooting lead bullets in handguns with polygonal rifling, glock, and hk are two examples as the barrel will lead up fast and overpressure will result. glock will void your warranty and it could endanger your health.