• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullfighter PWNED by Bull! *warning graphic*

AZ15

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2005
Sonoran Desert, AZ
3bb01a954a4d9a16707efc6f4e068334_juanapariciovideogoring.jpg

The right-hander Julio Aparicio has been transferred from the operating room of the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas to hospital October 12, where he will continue the operation she has undergone in the infirmary after being gored in the neck that has caused him injury very serious.

Aparicio lost his footing at a time of slaughter as a crutch, and trying to get up, the bull was after him, hitting him squarely in the neck, sticking above the spout and piercing nut and out the mouth.

The right-hander began to bleed profusely from his mouth as he was led by members of his gang to the infirmary, which is operated by the medical team that goes Maximo Garcia Padrós.

According to the first part facilitated by Dr. Maximo Garcia Padrós, Aparicio suffers a wound “in submandilar region with an upward trajectory that enters the oral cavity, tongue and reaches across the palate, leading to fracture of the upper jaw.”

VIDEO and article

Re: Bullfighter PWNED by Bull! *warning graphic*

I always get a huge grin when an animal gets revenge like that. I'm not a fan of bull riding here in the US, but I absolutely love when the riders get trampled or rammed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always get a huge grin when an animal gets revenge like that. I'm not a fan of bull riding here in the US, but I absolutely love when the riders get trampled or rammed. </div></div> What degree of asshole are you?

The measure of stones it takes to stand next to an enraged and wounded bull, easily 10-15 times the weight of the Matador, is well beyond your purile abilities.

As usual, while having no clue, you have an opinion...

The Matador is trying to administer one thrust of the sword into the top of the bull's neck, between the shoulder blades, in order to plunge down into to his heart. The effect, when done precisely, is amazing. It is ancient, it is amazingly courageous, and no surprise that an unmitigated moron would delight in so greivous an injury to the young Matador.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always get a huge grin when an animal gets revenge like that. I'm not a fan of bull riding here in the US, but I absolutely love when the riders get trampled or rammed. </div></div> What degree of asshole are you?

The measure of stones it takes to stand next to an enraged and wounded bull, easily 10-15 times the weight of the Matador, is well beyond your purile abilities.

The Matador is trying to administer one thrust of the sword into the top of the bull's neck, between the shoulder blades, in order to plunge down into to his heart. The effect, when done precisely, is amazing. It is ancient, it is amazingly courageous, and no surprise that an unmitigated moron would delight in so greivous an injury to the young Matador.

</div></div>

While I agree with you that it takes skill, what is the point? Just to kill an animal to kill it?

Ballsdeep- Machismo is primordial. The sport goes back to the worship of bulls and the sacrifice of one or more. If you think it's messed up to sacrifice the one you worship, consult John 3:16 on more accepted forms of the practice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ballsdeep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always get a huge grin when an animal gets revenge like that. I'm not a fan of bull riding here in the US, but I absolutely love when the riders get trampled or rammed. </div></div> What degree of asshole are you?

</div></div>

While I agree with you that it takes skill, what is the point? Just to kill an animal to kill it? </div></div>

Yes they kill them and they also make some nice fat ass T-Bones out of them also.Shoot the bull in the head stab him in the heart whats the difference as long as the meat does not go to waste

Killing an animal to eat it is just fine. I'm a small game hunter so I know that. But why fuck with an animal that's over 10x your own weight and then bitch about it when it fucks you up. That is a really screwed up sport and that's why I'm glad when the animal wins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm a small game hunter so I know that. </div></div>

Hamsters and gerbils don't qualify as small game.

Man VS beast, can't say I feel sorry for dumb fuck. You can kill it anyway you want I don't care, but let it play out or its not sport. You F-up its your problem I don't want to see 10 of your crones that chased the bull around with horses spearing it comimg to save your ass. I only watched 1 bull fight I didn't mind the matador in fact I was glad he killed it fast, but the other crap i could care less for.

Its there culture and it is what it is. Just not my cup of tea.

It's a complicated issue for some folks. I would think any hunter who wears camo, uses scent masking sprays, buck or doe pee, food plots, bait cans, waits in tree stands to shoot a deer, elk or bear with a high powered rifle, or a bow, would not be so critical of cultures that allow brave people to make their way out of peasantry into fame and station by closing in to kill an animal so central to their culture. The ring bulls are respected. There is no joy in their torment.

Certainly, without the Picador, and then the Toreadors, preparing the bull, all at some risk to themselves and the horses, the bulls would nearly always kill or severely injure the Matador. As it is, the Matador has a difficult task. One, if done poorly, results in prolonged suffering of the bull and disapproval of the spectators.

Most folks don't realize the numbers of horses that get nailed when the Picador's are on the lance.

It's a complicated ritual. I've never been to a bullfight but have always been fascinated by it and the cultures the sport has evolved in.

Beside Spain and Mexico, Portugal, France, and several South American countries also practice some form of Bull fighting.

Naysayers- Ever been in an American slaughterhouse? It's not pretty nor is it "humane" even by the standards set forth in this thread.

Read a few Hemingway novels.

"Bullfighting is the only art in which the artist is in danger of death and in which the degree of brilliance in the performance is left to the fighter's honor."
<span style="font-weight: bold">Ernest Hemingway </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Naysayers- Ever been in an American slaughterhouse? It's not pretty nor is it "humane" even by the standards set forth in this thread.
</div></div>

I've been to them a few times. I don't see torture there like what goes on in bull fights. It's a simple 2 step procedure. Bolt gun to the head knocks the animal out just like in the old days when they used a sladgehammer. Then the bull is bled out while it's unconscious. Not sure about anyone else here, but bleeding to death while unconscious doesn't sound like torture in the least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm a small game hunter so I know that. </div></div>

Shoving rodents in your ass to suffocate and die does not make you a hunter.

To criticize bull riding shows your indescribable ignorance and stupidity. The life PBR bulls lead is second only to the likes of billionaires. They ride in suspended floor trailers, receive top quality vetrinary care at all times, and eat top quality feed at all times. Many of the more famous rodeo bulls are worth more than you will ever earn in your lifetime and they are handled as such.

Any matador, toreador, picador, or bull rider has more heart and courage than you could garner in a lifetime. It is regrettable for your children that you reproduced, as with you for their example they will be severely handicapped in their efforts to accomplish anything in their lives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 26pt"> ******* FATALITY *******</span></span>

</div></div>

If that is what you recognize as fatal, you should get out more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm a small game hunter so I know that. </div></div>

Shoving rodents in your ass to suffocate and die does not make you a hunter.

To criticize bull riding shows your indescribable ignorance and stupidity. The life PBR bulls lead is second only to the likes of billionaires. They ride in suspended floor trailers, receive top quality vetrinary care at all times, and eat top quality feed at all times. Many of the more famous rodeo bulls are worth more than you will ever earn in your lifetime and they are handled as such.

Any matador, toreador, picador, or bull rider has more heart and courage than you could garner in a lifetime. It is regrettable for your children that you reproduced, as with you for their example they will be severely handicapped in their efforts to accomplish anything in their lives.

</div></div>

Maser, bow down and kiss the ring. You just got <span style="color: #990000"><span style="font-size: 20pt">OWNED</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 26pt"> ******* FATALITY *******</span></span>
</div></div>

If that is what you recognize as fatal, you should get out more. </div></div>

I'm surprised the Matador came out of it with his jaw still attached. He's lucky that bull didn't shake him while it was fixing his teeth.

Living here on the border, I have been to many Bullfights with the wife. I have learned to enjoy the specticle (sp), and the pageantry is amazing. The lancers have to be good as well as the horse. And when the lancer f#$ks it up the crowd will boo them and even throw cans and bottles at him. I saw a bullfight once where th Picador messed up so bad, that the Matador refused to enter the ring because there was no honor. Matadors are looking for three things when they enter the ring, Glory, Honor, and Fame. And mazer that is three things you will never see in your lifetime.

There's a bartender at a place downtown that wife and I have known him for about the last ten years. At the end of the bar was a picture of a man fighting a bull. We were looking at it one evening years ago and I said, "Luiso, that looks like you." to which he replied, "That's cause it is Dave".

Turned out he was a professional bullfighter back in Mexico before he immigrated. He had an extra copy at home so he brought my wife one and autographed it. Sort of as a joke but they're like prof. sports figures here. He's not a really big dude but he's stout and tough as nails.

Bullfighting is a very interesting sport; I wish the U.S. would show the Bullfighting on TV because it is always interesting to watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a complicated issue for some folks. I would think any hunter who wears camo, uses scent masking sprays, buck or doe pee, food plots, bait cans, waits in tree stands to shoot a deer, elk or bear with a high powered rifle, or a bow, would not be so critical of cultures that allow brave people to make their way out of peasantry into fame and station by closing in to kill an animal so central to their culture. The ring bulls are respected. There is no joy in their torment.

Certainly, without the Picador, and then the Toreadors, preparing the bull, all at some risk to themselves and the horses, the bulls would nearly always kill or severely injure the Matador. As it is, the Matador has a difficult task. One, if done poorly, results in prolonged suffering of the bull and disapproval of the spectators.

Most folks don't realize the numbers of horses that get nailed when the Picador's are on the lance.

It's a complicated ritual. I've never been to a bullfight but have always been fascinated by it and the cultures the sport has evolved in.

Beside Spain and Mexico, Portugal, France, and several South American countries also practice some form of Bull fighting. </div></div>

Here in the UK, there used toa "sport" known as "badger baiting"...The badger would be dug from the ground, severaly injured by beating with a shovel or perhaps have its jaws cut with a branch lopper and then thrown into a make shift ring with a bull terrier of some sort.

I don't see that much difference between the way the badger was treated and the way the bull is treated in bull fighting.

All the same arguments about the bravery of the matador used to be touted about the gameness of the bull terriers. Same with the risks and danger involved to the dog.

Thankfully, badger baiting has been illegal for a long time over here and I wouldn't shed a tear if bull fighting went the same way.

The thing about bullfighting is that there is no real need to injure and then kill the bull. The matadors could still go in the ring and strut their stuff but the end game could be different..In fact I think this form of bull fighting is practiced in certain parts of the world now and is seen as less brutal ect.

With regards bull riding and rodeos ect, while not perhaps as "lavish" and visually "spectacular" as bull fighting, I still take my hat off to those guys who ride those bulls. I'm not sure they are in any way less brave than a Matador and the bull does not end up suffering a slow lingering death..

So the Bulldog equates to the Matador in your analogy? Wouldn't cock or dog fighting be a more fitting comparison?

You see, the Bufighters are men (and occasionally, women) with the cognitive ablility to think about, and weigh, the risks of their actions versus the bull.

Remember, the bull was always going to die. It isn't getting a Irish wake, nor a New Orleans funeral. It is going to be eaten, his horns mounted and his hide tanned and made into leather. Unlike his peers, he gets a shot at some payback for his lot in life.

To take your lead: In essence then, you believe the world would be much better off if it followed the U.K.s lead down the path to pussy-nirvanna?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the Bulldog equates to the Matador in your analogy? Wouldn't cock or dog fighting be a more fitting comparison?

You see, the Bufighters are men (and occasionally, women) with the cognitive ablility to think about, and weigh, the risks of their actions versus the bull.

Remember, the bull was always going to die. It isn't getting a Irish wake, nor a New Orleans funeral. It is going to be eaten, his horns mounted and his hide tanned and made into leather. Unlike his peers, he gets a shot at some payback for his lot in life.

To take your lead: In essence then, you believe the world would be much better off if it followed the U.K.s lead down the path to pussy-nirvanna? </div></div>

The point about both so called sports is that the animals are needlessly subjected to needless suffering. "Killing" is'nt the issue; I hunt but the ethos of hunting is a quick kill to avoid an animal needlessly suffering.

Still, if you need to make animal suffer to prove your own macho self worth; have at it..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a complicated issue for some folks. I would think any hunter who wears camo, uses scent masking sprays, buck or doe pee, food plots, bait cans, waits in tree stands to shoot a deer, elk or bear with a high powered rifle, or a bow, <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">or shoot squirrels</span></span> would not be so critical of cultures that allow brave people to make their way out of peasantry into fame and station by closing in to kill an animal so central to their culture. </div></div>

I look forward to the day a scurry of squirrels or a warren of rabbits attack hunters.

I'm guessing that's the main reason why they blunt the tips of the bull's horns here in the US.
smile.gif

Raising a threesome of prize winning young bulls and steers as a Nor-Cal Hillbilly I never curved nor weighted the horns of my cattle. Having trained each and every one of them with nary more than a rope lead I suffered more bruised legs than I wished.
As a young Nor-Cal Hillbilly each and every one of those great cattle either went to the highest bidder, or in the case of number one and number three, well, they sure did taste mighty fine when grilled.
Watching the courage of a Bullfighter who stands steadfast in his dance when the enraged bull comes for him was one of the first acts of bravery I ever saw. Only a Marine or a Soldier and in several cases some highly trained civilians know such courage.
To me, anyone who has never known such courage or faced something that would use it is, well, just a regular ol pussy who ain't never gonna be nuthin more than a haggerd mouthed wannabewishiwas

Pete,

No want wants to see the bull suffer. This is different than dog fighting, cock fighting, fox hunting (which I still think should be allowed...) or other animal blood sports where the animals are forced against each other. In this case, the bull can potentially kill his executioner.

There is nothing else like it.

To paraphrase the late Bobby Darren, death is just part of life. In the world of the teletubbies, mommy government makes everything sweet and soft and no ugly sharpe edges will snag at one's flannel footy pajamas. That world is a construct, shaken by the hard facts of life where planes are purposely flown into occupied buildings and ethnic or political opponents become convenieintly inconvenient.

I don't want to lapse into politics here so I'll leave it at; do as you please and perhaps we can agree to disagree. I never had the stones to stand in the Plaza del Toro, even if I'd had the opportunity. I considered myself somewhat brave when I walked beams three or more stories above the ground or when I didn't piss myself the night some douche bag fired three shots at me when I caught him burglarizing my neighbor's car! (Missed me with all three shots from less than 20 feet! Hit my neighbor 20 feet behind me though
crazy.gif
...)

Guys jumping out of perfectly good planes (!!!), kickiing in doors where heavily armed shit bags await, and yes, young men standing beside enormous, wounded and enraged bulls, among many others acts of unbelievable courage, have my undying respect.

No disrespect intended to yourself.

Take Care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Watching the courage of a Bullfighter who stands steadfast in his dance when the enraged bull comes for him was one of the first acts of bravery I ever saw. Only a Marine or a Soldier and in several cases some highly trained civilians know such courage.
To me, anyone who has never known such courage or faced something that would use it is, well, just a regular ol pussy who ain't never gonna be nuthin more than a haggerd mouthed wannabewishiwas </div></div>

Whilst the matador is undoubtedly brave, his bravery is inconsequential. He kills a bull at risk of his own life for the entertainment of others. Neither his risk, injuries or the death of the bull has made any difference. If a culture needs machismo of this order then that culture is stunted and needs to engage its brain more and grabs it's balls less. I lived in Madrid for a while, went to a couple of these and left thinking that false bravado is poor compensation for having the guts to deal with real issues. I love Hemingway as much as any author I've ever read, but bullfighting is not the mark of being a real man.

Your contention that only military or highly trained civilians can know such courage is very flawed. Doctors who volunteer for Medicine Sans Frontiers, the believers who go on dangerous missions in Yemen, Burma etc, journalists who refuse to be scared and report the truth in Russia when they know there's a good probability they will be killed are all brave in at least equal measure if not much more so than that man in spandex, glitter, with a cape, swords and a posse standing near-by to come rescue him. His bravery is a path to glory, fame and wealth. Theirs is a path to anonymity beyond those who already know them, but yet they still risk and sacrifice in an attempt to fight injustice and alleviate suffering. Far greater cause, far less reward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Naysayers- Ever been in an American slaughterhouse? It's not pretty nor is it "humane" even by the standards set forth in this thread.
</div></div>

I've been to them a few times. I don't see torture there like what goes on in bull fights. It's a simple 2 step procedure. Bolt gun to the head knocks the animal out just like in the old days when they used a sladgehammer. Then the bull is bled out while it's unconscious. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Not sure about anyone else here, but bleeding to death while unconscious doesn't sound like torture in the least. </span> </div></div></span>

Give it a go and report back here......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whilst the matador is undoubtedly brave, his bravery is inconsequential. He kills a bull at risk of his own life for the entertainment of others. Neither his risk, injuries or the death of the bull has made any difference. If a culture needs machismo of this order then that culture is stunted and needs to engage its brain more and grabs it's balls less. I lived in Madrid for a while, went to a couple of these and left thinking that false bravado is poor compensation for having the guts to deal with real issues. I love Hemingway as much as any author I've ever read, but bullfighting is not the mark of being a real man.

Your contention that only military or highly trained civilians can know such courage is very flawed. Doctors who volunteer for Medicine Sans Frontiers, the believers who go on dangerous missions in Yemen, Burma etc, journalists who refuse to be scared and report the truth in Russia when they know there's a good probability they will be killed are all brave in at least equal measure if not much more so than that man in spandex, glitter, with a cape, swords and a posse standing near-by to come rescue him. His bravery is a path to glory, fame and wealth. Theirs is a path to anonymity beyond those who already know them, but yet they still risk and sacrifice in an attempt to fight injustice and alleviate suffering. Far greater cause, far less reward.</div></div>

+1 on all accounts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whilst the matador is undoubtedly brave, his bravery is inconsequential. He kills a bull at risk of his own life for the entertainment of others. Neither his risk, injuries or the death of the bull has made any difference. If a culture needs machismo of this order then that culture is stunted and needs to engage its brain more and grabs it's balls less. I lived in Madrid for a while, went to a couple of these and left thinking that false bravado is poor compensation for having the guts to deal with real issues. I love Hemingway as much as any author I've ever read, but bullfighting is not the mark of being a real man.

Your contention that only military or highly trained civilians can know such courage is very flawed. Doctors who volunteer for Medicine Sans Frontiers, the believers who go on dangerous missions in Yemen, Burma etc, journalists who refuse to be scared and report the truth in Russia when they know there's a good probability they will be killed are all brave in at least equal measure if not much more so than that man in spandex, glitter, with a cape, swords and a posse standing near-by to come rescue him. His bravery is a path to glory, fame and wealth. Theirs is a path to anonymity beyond those who already know them, but yet they still risk and sacrifice in an attempt to fight injustice and alleviate suffering. Far greater cause, far less reward. </div></div>

Congratulations - you found a likeminded person with Maser.

Whilst? Really....you are in CA, not Britain.

Just because you think something, doesn't make it so - your version of courage is your own perception but where you are wrong is saying this:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither his risk, injuries or the death of the bull has made any difference.</div></div>
Tell that to the orphanages and other unfortunates that get the meat. Tell that the the bull fighters who go from rags to riches. Tell that to the bull who just got to stick his horn through that bull fighter's face in retribution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a culture needs machismo of this order then that culture is stunted and needs to engage its brain more and grabs it's balls less.</div></div>
You do realize that you're speaking on Spain and other countries that have bull fighting - not the USA right? Would hate to have you misdirect any of your loathing of your countrymen onto others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Congratulations - you found a likeminded person with Maser.</div></div>

Never met the guy, but ok. - EDIT: actually, no, I just read what Maser wrote and we're not like minded. I don't celebrate when I see something like this. I just see it as an all round waste. The views are different, you just either didn't see it or felt like starting off your post with a little joke (good public speaking technique BTW).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whilst? Really....you are in CA, not Britain.</div></div>

So?

Just because you think something, doesn't make it so - your version of courage is your own perception</div></div>

Same goes for all of us. Awesome insight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but where you are wrong is saying this:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither his risk, injuries or the death of the bull has made any difference.</div></div>
Tell that to the orphanages and other unfortunates that get the meat. Tell that the the bull fighters who go from rags to riches. Tell that to the bull who just got to stick his horn through that bull fighter's face in retribution.</div></div>

I'm sure you can conceive of even better methods of feeding orphans.
Just because he can make money out doing it doesn't mean something is achieved. Drug dealers, pimps, thieves and tyrants all have rags to riches stories - are they your role models? You can talk to the bull for me, you seem fluent in 'Bull'...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a culture needs machismo of this order then that culture is stunted and needs to engage its brain more and grabs it's balls less.</div></div>
You do realize that you're speaking on Spain and other countries that have bull fighting - not the USA right? Would hate to have you misdirect any of your loathing of your countrymen onto others. </div></div>

I don't loath anyone, and yes, having lived in Spain, the UK, and North America I'm well aware of the differences between them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations - you found a likeminded person with Maser.</div></div>

Funny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
To me, anyone who has never known such courage or faced something that would use it is, well, just a regular ol pussy who ain't never gonna be nuthin more than a haggerd mouthed wannabewishiwas </div></div>

Your contention that only military or highly trained civilians can know such courage is very flawed. Doctors who volunteer for Medicine Sans Frontiers, the believers who go on dangerous missions in Yemen, Burma etc, journalists who refuse to be scared and report the truth in Russia when they know there's a good probability they will be killed are all brave in at least equal measure if not much more so than that man in spandex, glitter, with a cape, swords and a posse standing near-by to come rescue him. His bravery is a path to glory, fame and wealth. Theirs is a path to anonymity beyond those who already know them, but yet they still risk and sacrifice in an attempt to fight injustice and alleviate suffering. Far greater cause, far less reward. </div></div>
To what lengths will you go to find an arguement?

How is a doctor not a highly trained civilian? or for that matter a jounalist who is willing to hang it out there?

QQ allowed for these people in his statement. But true to his statement as a whole there are very few people military, public safety or otherwise who step to the plate and put their balls on the table. Most (like your buddy Maser) simply shrink at the thought of risk and run the other way. For everyone of your Doctors Without Borders or Journalists who reported on a tyrannical regime there are hundreds who stood by and did nothing without profit or supported said regimes with biased stories.

Again, feel free to think what you want about "animal cruelty" but there is no questions that it takes a level of intestinal fortitude most will never know to put yourself on the X and let the chips fall where they may. To those of us that have, it becomes a very clear distinction from those who can't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure you can conceive of even better methods of feeding orphans.</div></div>

Then giving them beef? What then....lobster?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just because he can make money out doing it doesn't mean something is achieved. Drug dealers, pimps, thieves and tyrants all have rags to riches stories - are they your role models?</div></div>

The examples that you laid out are all illegal. Bullfighting is not. It gives a clear insight into how you think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can talk to the bull for me, you seem fluent in 'Bull'...</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't loath anyone</div></div>

Except me?....oh and now smokshwn too I guess

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How is a doctor not a highly trained civilian? or for that matter a jounalist who is willing to hang it out there?</div></div>

I would have thought this was obvious. They are trained, of course, but not in facing life threatening danger as a natural part of their vocations. Unless Med and Journalism School has change drastically.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">QQ allowed for these people in his statement.</div></div>

If he did, then my mistake, but I didn't see it that way. I interpreted his comments as pertaining to civilian professions that put them in harms way as a natural part of their jobs - police, fire/rescue/EMTs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But true to his statement as a whole there are very few people military, public safety or otherwise who step to the plate and put their balls on the table. </div></div>

OK. No argument from me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most (like your buddy Maser)</div></div> don't be an idiot. Just state your point, comments like these and 'we're in US not Britain' are so stupid they just make you seem retarded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everyone of your Doctors Without Borders or Journalists who reported on a tyrannical regime there are hundreds who stood by and did nothing without profit or supported said regimes with biased stories.</div></div>
I never said ALL doctors and Journalists are brave. I pointed out that exceptional bravery is present in more than just military and trained civvies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, feel free to think what you want about "animal cruelty" </div></div>
Did I bring up animal cruelty? Did I? No I didn't. So stop making assumptions on my behalf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
but there is no questions that it takes a level of intestinal fortitude most will never know to put yourself on the X and let the chips fall where they may. To those of us that have, it becomes a very clear distinction from those who can't.</div></div>

Please read the very first sentence of what I wrote on my first post on this thread. I state the matador is unquestionably brave. Don't make assumptions about my bravery or lack thereof, you have nothing to go on and it just makes you seem full of yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">blah, quote, blah, quote, blah.....edited for brevity
</div></div>

Dude, you need to lighten up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">blah, quote, blah, quote, blah.....edited for brevity
</div></div>

Dude, you need to lighten up. </div></div>

ok, that's funny..
grin.gif

It's not unusual for bullfighters to get gored. Some have been gored tens of times. What is unusual here is that the strike was not in the torso or the abdomen. That, and the bullfighter didn't lose conciousness: he got up and walked out under his own power. That's impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Raising a threesome of prize winning young bulls and steers as a Nor-Cal Hillbilly I never curved nor weighted the horns of my cattle. Having trained each and every one of them with nary more than a rope lead I suffered more bruised legs than I wished.
As a young Nor-Cal Hillbilly each and every one of those great cattle either went to the highest bidder, or in the case of number one and number three, well, they sure did taste mighty fine when grilled.
<span style="font-weight: bold">To me, anyone who has never known such courage or faced something that would use it is, well, just a regular ol pussy who ain't never gonna be nuthin more than a haggerd mouthed wannabewishiwas</span> </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">To me, anyone who has never known such courage or faced something that would use it is, well, just a regular ol pussy who ain't never gonna be nuthin more than a haggerd mouthed wannabewishiwas</span>

Couldn't you also apply that to people who watch a sport(s) but never play them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How is a doctor not a highly trained civilian? or for that matter a jounalist who is willing to hang it out there?</div></div>

I would have thought this was obvious. They are trained, of course, but not in facing life threatening danger as a natural part of their vocations. Unless Med and Journalism School has change drastically.
<span style="color: #FF0000">So where in this quote is it obvious "Only a Marine or a Soldier and in several cases some highly trained civilians know such courage."
Training for life threatening situations does nothing to make a pussy more brave nor the lack of that training make a courageous man more of a pansy. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But true to his statement as a whole there are very few people military, public safety or otherwise who step to the plate and put their balls on the table. </div></div>

OK. No argument from me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most (like your buddy Maser)</div></div> don't be an idiot. Just state your point, comments like these and 'we're in US not Britain' are so stupid they just make you seem retarded.
<span style="color: #FF0000">I am the idiot? You are attributing quotes to me that I didn't even make concerning geographic location. Kinda "retarded" on your part don't ya think?</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everyone of your Doctors Without Borders or Journalists who reported on a tyrannical regime there are hundreds who stood by and did nothing without profit or supported said regimes with biased stories.</div></div>
I never said ALL doctors and Journalists are brave. I pointed out that exceptional bravery is present in more than just military and trained civvies.
<span style="color: #FF0000">So did Switchblade</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, feel free to think what you want about "animal cruelty" </div></div>
Did I bring up animal cruelty? Did I? No I didn't. So stop making assumptions on my behalf.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Didn't make any assumption for you. The quotes and the title of animal cruelty were used for convenience rather than typing out a paragraph outlining what you obviously feel is mistreatment of the animal</span>

but there is no questions that it takes a level of intestinal fortitude most will never know to put yourself on the X and let the chips fall where they may. To those of us that have, it becomes a very clear distinction from those who can't.</div></div>

Please read the very first sentence of what I wrote on my first post on this thread. I state the matador is unquestionably brave. Don't make assumptions about my bravery or lack thereof, you have nothing to go on and it just makes you seem full of yourself.
<span style="color: #FF0000">How about you apply your own rules to yourself. You have nothing to go on with relation to judging whether I am full of myself or simply stating a fact. So dial it back a bit from your tower on high.

As to whether or not I have made an assumption as to your lack of bravery, read the sentence again, yourself was used as a generic pronoun with no one in particular as its subject.</span>

</div></div>